OUT NOW: Refused - Freedom

This type of hate happens all the time. I remember people in disgust at TMV's Amputechture, now it's probably their favorite album. If something is bad you know it immediately, if something is "weird" give it a few listens, it will probably grow on you.

Well to be fair the Mars Volta are legitimately terrible ;)

There is very little dynamic range on the entire album.

Sandstrom's drums are oddly distorted purposely on most of the tracks.

I find myself saying constantly "if they hadn't done that, this song would be awesome" A good example of this is the first minute of Thought is Blood.

If you told me War on the Palaces was a B-Side from The International Noise Conspiracy's Armed Love, i'd probably believe you.

The "Murder murder murder murder murder murder KILL KILL KILL" in Francafrique line is lame.

366 sounds like they said "we need a song that sound like it's off of TSOPTC"

That being said, this album is pretty decent.

Dawkins Christ, Thought is Blood, and Old Friends / New War are all standouts.

If you're comparing this to TSOPTC in really any form, you're being unrealistic.

Easy pass.

Well said. While I find the album enjoyable, I would say this sounds much more like a new (International) Noise Conspiracy album than it does a Refused album. No doubt that will be off-putting to a considerable number of Refused fans. I dig the INC and I find this album to be very listenable. TSOPTC isn't walking through that door, folks.