OUT NOW: Refused - Freedom

Got my copy today and wow, I did not expect to like this record as much as I do. With the exception of a few cheesy parts (that damn 'exterminate the brutes' thing is still dumb), I absolutely love it. It's certainly no Shape of Punk..., but it drew me in much in the same way that record does.

Also one of the best sounding records I've heard in a while. Both the mixing and the pressing were fantastically well done (I've got the black/gold EU variant). Certain parts just sound absolutely massive.

I will say there are a few riffs and drum parts that seem copied and pasted right from Shape of Punk, but not in such a way that it takes away from the full piece of work.

Overall, positively surprised and stoked on this.

I've listened to this album a quite a few times and honestly, I think it's pretty awesome.  It might be a sin to say this, but I just got into Refused when a co-worker gave me tickets to go see them on their last tour.  Not sure how I overlooked this band for so long.  ASOPTC is still my favorite record of theirs, but I think the new record holds up to the rest of their catalog.

managed to not listen to any streams of any songs or the album ahead of time (easy enough to do without a computer or spotify I suppose)....just spun the LP for the first time, not terribly impressed with the actual pressing (purple...I also need a new stylus though)....but I'm thoroughly enjoying this record. Sounds like Refused to me. There are some songs that seem to have a heavier Faith No More influence than others (not so much Red Hot Chili Peppers guys...come on with that shit). Plenty of T(i)NC thrown in which I anticipated. Lyrics are silly??? Yeah, have you listen to the Refused back catalog or T(i)NC back catalog lately? This is album is exactly what I expected it to be without reading reviews or any preconceptions goin into my listening experience. I'm actually surprised this many people aren't into this....