PO Now: Beach Slang - The Things We Do To Find People Who Feel Like Us

So, I just saw these guys play tonight in Salt Lake, and their singer kept saying it was their last show and asking their tour manager to give us all our money back. And the show ended with the singer making a kind of snarky remark to the guitar player and then the guitar player walking off the stage mid song and then the rest of the band following. Definitely a lot of tension in the air, and the crowd was awkwardly silent between songs. Weird show for sure. So, hopefully they're not broken up for real, but they might be. They sounded good though.

Damn. I was hoping I could go to the show but I had to take a final. I hope this news isn't true.

So, I just saw these guys play tonight in Salt Lake, and their singer kept saying it was their last show and asking their tour manager to give us all our money back. And the show ended with the singer making a kind of snarky remark to the guitar player and then the guitar player walking off the stage mid song and then the rest of the band following. Definitely a lot of tension in the air, and the crowd was awkwardly silent between songs. Weird show for sure. So, hopefully they're not broken up for real, but they might be. They sounded good though.

But the real question is... Did you get your money back???

Yeah, sorry to bring bad news, everyone. I hope it's not true either. I've been checking online to see if there is anything official from the band about it, but haven't seen anything so far. And I think they're supposed to be playing in Boise tonight, so we'll see if that gets cancelled. I'd never seen them before, so at first I wasn't sure if this was just their sense of humor, or if they're just emotional dudes and this will blow over. 

But it was definitely a weird show. After the first few songs, the singer started saying that this was their last show between songs, and the rest of the band wouldn't say anything when he would make that comment or really have any reaction to it. Then after he had said it a few times, you could start to hear from the audience things like, "Is this really their last show?" or "Don't break up." And the audience was just quiet and awkward for the rest of the show. It seemed tense on stage but not hostile or anything. Then, it seemed like it fell apart at the end. I think they had finished their set and were playing a couple of a covers to end the night. They started playing "Can't Hardly Wait" by the Replacements, and then the singer didn't come in, so everyone stopped. The singer made a comment that the guitar player should've sang it, and the guitar player said, "I don't sing." The singer then said, "No, you sing. You just don't sing well. There's a difference." Then the guitar player just shook his head and walked off stage, and the rest of the band followed. That was my interpretation of it, at least. Anyway, sorry to sound like a such a gossip, but that's how the night seemed to go, if you were curious.

But, hopefully they had just had an argument or something and this will blow over. For it being a weird night, they still sounded good and it was cool to see them.

But the real question is... Did you get your money back???

Nah. Even if I had seen someone, their manager or whoever, trying to give people their money back, I wouldn't have taken it. They played, I think, pretty much a full set anyway. And it seemed like they were definitely going through some shit, so the last thing I would want to do is add to it by them not getting paid for last night.

I've had nothing but wonderful experiences and interactions with James and the rest of the band. They have all been very outgoing and extremely gracious to myself and my friends every time we have seen them.

I sincerely hope they can pull it together and this is not their last show. They have become one of my favorite bands and I would hate to see it end this early.