PO: Baroness - Purple

New song! Not the worst way to end/start a week!

I wish I hadn't listened to that...really making me question whether or not to buy this album. I don't want to be "that guy," but this feels like a sellout. If ever there was a radio-friendly baroness song this is it. Very generic :(

I wish I hadn't listened to that...really making me question whether or not to buy this album. I don't want to be "that guy," but this feels like a sellout. If ever there was a radio-friendly baroness song this is it. Very generic :(

Agreed. They seem to be getting lighter and lighter with each album.

While "Shock Me" isn't really wowing me, its not reason to fret. Think back a few months ago: Ghost released 4 singles for an album with 10 tracks, 2 of which were instrumental, one of those singles being "Majesty". IMO the weakest song on the album. 

I don't know how bands or record companies decide which songs will be singles and will be released before the album but I never pay it much mind. Once you hear the whole thing your perception of all the songs might change. 

While "Shock Me" isn't really wowing me, its not reason to fret. Think back a few months ago: Ghost released 4 singles for an album with 10 tracks, 2 of which were instrumental, one of those singles being "Majesty". IMO the weakest song on the album.

I don't know how bands or record companies decide which songs will be singles and will be released before the album but I never pay it much mind. Once you hear the whole thing your perception of all the songs might change.

This. Head over to the Coheed thread and you'll find people concerned over one or two songs, and then once they've heard the entire album going on to say that they love it all.

Personally I don't dislike the song, it's not their strongest, but I'm not calling it a bad song because it isn't (in my opinion). Once the album is here I don't doubt I'll enjoy it all.