PO NOW: Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe (Bubblegum Pink wax)

4 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Listen, I know this record is a meme and I came here to make fun of it, but last time I did that was the 2814 album that I ended up being wrong about. I'll give this a fair listen.

In complete fairness, 2814 is way more of an ambient project – in my opinion – whereas Macintosh Plus is a definite example of vaporwave.  Just my 2¢.

15 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Listen, I know this record is a meme and I came here to make fun of it, but last time I did that was the 2814 album that I ended up being wrong about. I'll give this a fair listen.

nobody is forcing you to buy or listen to this so I don't know why you're even bothering... especially if you already think vaporwave is just a "meme/joke"

44 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

It wasn't supposed to be a meme though, people just bastardized it.

34 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

In complete fairness, 2814 is way more of an ambient project – in my opinion – whereas Macintosh Plus is a definite example of vaporwave.  Just my 2¢.

You're right about that; I stumbled into that thread with the notion that it was vaporwave and I was corrected.

19 minutes ago, ethereal said:

nobody is forcing you to buy or listen to this so I don't know why you're even bothering... especially if you already think vaporwave is just a "meme/joke"

This album in particular is a meme and that isn't even subjective. It's hard to gauge the quality of music when it's a meme, that's why I'm skeptical--ITAOTS is a meme and I love that album, but then you've got stuff like Smash Mouth, y'know what I mean?I know this pressing is a big deal though and if I end up enjoying it I don't want to miss out. If I don't like it I'll just pass.

Yeah, I wouldn't dispute that the album is a meme, at all.  Not just sonically but a e s t h e t i c a l l y for sure.  There are countless parodies of the album art and that second track is featured in a lot of cheeky videos on Youtube, clips on Instagram, etc.  It's sort of become a household name for vaporwave – which goes to show you that there's no such thing as bad publicity – so I do get why an official press is a "big deal" even if it's not for me to enjoy.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Don't worry, this pre-order is going to pay for that.

That's good. The customer service was terrible though, did not respond to emails and had to resort to contacting my bank to get refunded. Actually, the band camp page for that previous release still shows "shipping late March / early April". Just a heads up for people who may attempt to have contact with them in the future.

2 hours ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

Standalone now sold out. 

both sold out now

7 minutes ago, Lugubrious said:

That's good. The customer service was terrible though, did not respond to emails and had to resort to contacting my bank to get refunded. Actually, the band camp page for that previous release still shows "shipping late March / early April". Just a heads up for people who may attempt to have contact with them in the future.

they sent out an email to everyone who purchased stating the pressing plant was producing warped copies so they decided to terminate the project and go with a different plant. also, because of the delay they are giving all orders a free print and cassette of unreleased material.

sounds like they are trying to make good with a shitty situation.