PO Now: Drab Majesty - Modern Mirror 7/12

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

First time I've liked the shirt enough to go for the bundle, but I missed it, haha.    Went with the red, think it'll compliment the artwork nicely.

What size shirt you wear? I got the bundle but will happily sell you the shirt for $10 shipped if you're a size Large, haha.

1 hour ago, defectiveepitaph said:

All variants are sold out, except for clear and black. Looks like I'll probably be waiting for another variant to be pressed. Not too interested in black or clear 😞

I don't think they put all of the stock of the color versions for sale. Guessing the rest will go to retail shops like they are doing with the VR Sex variants. So there is still hope for a color version at regular price.

7 hours ago, fish said:

I don't think they put all of the stock of the color versions for sale. Guessing the rest will go to retail shops like they are doing with the VR Sex variants. So there is still hope for a color version at regular price.

Seriously doubt anything but black or clear are going to retail. Band copies, possibly. But anything else, nah.

3 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Seriously doubt anything but black or clear are going to retail. Band copies, possibly. But anything else, nah.

i checked the stock that morning and I'm pretty sure there were nowhere near the entire 1500 of those up for sale. They did the same for the VR Sex release which they definitely could have just sold out of directly from the webshop.

https://roughtrade.com/us/music/drab-majesty-modern-mirror

https://boomkat.com/products/modern-mirror

Edited by fish

An even more overpriced limited bundle available now: $95 shipped for a /50 screenprinted cover version with a shirt/fan/compact.

If the lp cover was similar to the $50 Careless version they put out on Dais I'd get it. But its just a folded sheet of paper. So basically paying $55 extra for a shirt, cheap fan and compact, and a sheet of screenprinted paper plus expensive shipping. Yet somehow there are only 15 or so left.

From DM's fb.

EXCLUSIVE MODERN MIRROR BUNDLES AVAILABLE NOW VIA @MERCHCONNECTION // HAND-SCREENED COVERS LIMITED TO 50. ACT FAST. CHEERS

https://merchconnectioninc.com/collections/drab-majesty

Edited by fish

On 4/26/2019 at 12:01 PM, fish said:

An even more overpriced limited bundle available now: $95 shipped for a /50 screenprinted cover version with a shirt/fan/compact.

If the lp cover was similar to the $50 Careless version they put out on Dais I'd get it. But its just a folded sheet of paper. So basically paying $55 extra for a shirt, cheap fan and compact, and a sheet of screenprinted paper plus expensive shipping. Yet somehow there are only 15 or so left.

From DM's fb.

EXCLUSIVE MODERN MIRROR BUNDLES AVAILABLE NOW VIA @MERCHCONNECTION // HAND-SCREENED COVERS LIMITED TO 50. ACT FAST. CHEERS

https://merchconnectioninc.com/collections/drab-majesty

They just put some more of the bundles in the shop.

20 hours ago, fish said:

I just noticed that the yellow ones in the bundles don't say that they are double LPs. And that Dais's website says this about the ones they are selling "First pressing on 45 RPM hi-fi DOUBLE LP". Makes me wonder if the yellows are 1LPs at 33rpm? That would make it even more of a rip off for those prices.

Confirmed with Merchbar that the yellow is 45 and double just like the other pressings, which makes sense considering how much more of a production it would be for a small label like Dais to make two different speed pressings. I was kinda hoping it was 33 1/3.

3 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Confirmed with Merchbar that the yellow is 45 and double just like the other pressings, which makes sense considering how much more of a production it would be for a small label like Dais to make two different speed pressings. I was kinda hoping it was 33 1/3.

Good to know. Thaks for checking. I was just surprised it wasn't advertised as such and the mock up pic only showed 1LP.

I'm always a few steps away from my stereo so flipping sides is fine with me if in fact it truly sounds better. I don't have many 45 LPs to know if that's really true though.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...