Official Record Store Day Thread

I was all set to make a joke about how they finally pressed “Little Joe Sure Can Sing”, the pop vocal album by Joe Pesci, and then I looked up the price for the original pressings and maybe there’s a market after all. 

Nothing here for me unless I can get my hands on one of the Hips and Makers represses (I have OP, but the bonus materials sound cool). 

• 2 weeks later...

My list this RSD:

Garbage - Lie to Me EP
Malfunkshun - Olympus Awaits 2LP
Mudhoney - Suck You Dry 5LP
Pearl Jam - Dark Matter
Screaming Trees - Strange Things Happening - The Ellensburg Demos 1986-1988
Sevendust - Heavier Than Seven LP
Tad - Infrared Riding Hood - LP
Team Sleep - Self-Titled 2LP
Various Artists - The Spawn Album

I'm for sure getting:

Didjits "Strictly Dynamite: The Best of Didjits"

Mudhoney "Suck You Dry: The Reprise Years"

The Replacements "Not Ready for Prime Time: Live At The Cabaret Metro, Chicago, IL, January 11, 1986"

There are some other records that I'll probably grab if available, but those three are the "must haves"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This will be my first RSD hosting at my store Collectors Cult Records in Martinez CA.

I ordered SO MUCH RSD stock its crazy so if you are in the area for RSD please come check us out.

Currently in talks to get the homie Crookone from Team Sleep to come to the store and do a DJ set and sign some Team Sleep copies for everyone. Will post on the socials when i get all the details.

https://www.Instagram.com/collectors.cult.records

https://www.Facebook.com/collectors.cult.records

Edited by Rottengoth

46 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

This will be my first RSD hosting at my store Collectors Cult Records in Martinez CA.

I ordered SO MUCH RSD stock its crazy so if you are in the area for RSD please come check us out.

Currently in talks to get the homie Crookone from Team Sleep to come to the store and do a DJ set and sign some Team Sleep copies for everyone. Will post on the socials when i get all the details.

https://www.Instagram.com/collectors.cult.records

https://www.Facebook.com/collectors.cult.records

Best of luck! I know many smaller stores and newer stores have had difficulty getting the items they ask for and I hope it works out well for you!

5 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Best of luck! I know many smaller stores and newer stores have had difficulty getting the items they ask for and I hope it works out well for you!

oh its been great! Appreciate the kind words. yeah still waiting on a few things from the distributor but pretty much getting everything we ordered.

The things? We'll have them! Both day of at our shop in Oakland and at 5am Pacific on Sunday the 21st on our website www.1234gorecords.shop!

C'mon down to 420 40th Street in Oakland. We'll be open Noon to 6pm for walk up customers. Feel free to line up early just in case some of our early bird appointments no show or to just be first in line at noon!

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

Anything announced as not going out on time this year?  I know we have had several the last few years.

Various artists wicked defying gravity

Astrud Gilberto - that girl

Lovejoy - Concrete/the fall

lovejoy - one day/sex sells

jimmy cliff - in concert the best of jimmy cliff

OMD - Bauhaus Staircase instrumentals (new street date is May 3rd