Official CONVERGE Everything & Anything Thread: No Heroes LP (2021 Repress) + New Apparel + New Prints + JANE DOE 20th Anniversary Art Prints + You Fail Me Redux 3rd Press + Poacher Diaries (Redux)

Does anyone still have a complete Converge collection out there?  Surely someone.  There was a time when I had every variant of Axe To Fall, but gave up and backed out of variant hoarding by the time the 3rd press or so was rolled out.  More power to anyone still staying diligent though.  I don't partake, but I enjoy seeing an array of options made available for new fans or anyone who slept on the record.  I'd have to imagine an 11-variant rollout for something like Jane Doe – which has become the in-demand Converge album, yet again – would break banks and cause a lot of scuttling.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Does anyone still have a complete Converge collection out there?  Surely someone.  There was a time when I had every variant of Axe To Fall, but gave up and backed out of variant hoarding by the time the 3rd press or so was rolled out.  More power to anyone still staying diligent though.  I don't partake, but I enjoy seeing an array of options made available for new fans or anyone who slept on the record.  I'd have to imagine an 11-variant rollout for something like Jane Doe – which has become the in-demand Converge album, yet again – would break banks and cause a lot of scuttling.

Call to arms for the Touché Amore guy.

Edited by Eliminator Jr.

• 1 month later...

Deathwish is live. All the varians are shown + pressing info:

https://deathwishinc.com/collections/converge/products/converge-the-dusk-in-us-deluxe-1

First Press
104 x White (Friends & Family)
312 x Clear w/ Black & White Splatter (Deathwish)
313 x Red / Neon Green / Blue 3 Color Striped (Kings Road)
307 x Silver / Black Mix (Closed Casket Activities)
507 x Transparent Yellow w/ Black Splatter (Rev)
512 x Black in Clear (P15) (Project M)
744 x Neon Green w/ Neon Magenta Splatter (Newbury Comics 1)
747 x Neon Purple w/ Neon Orange Splatter (Newbury Comics 2)
1012 x Red w/ Blue & Neon Green Splatter (Epitaph)
∞ x Gold Nugget

Pardon my ignorance but what is "Project M"?

Edited by IndigoHollow

12 minutes ago, IndigoHollow said:

Deathwish is live. All the varians are shown + pressing info:

https://deathwishinc.com/collections/converge/products/converge-the-dusk-in-us-deluxe-1

First Press
104 x White (Friends & Family)
312 x Clear w/ Black & White Splatter (Deathwish)
313 x Red / Neon Green / Blue 3 Color Striped (Kings Road)
307 x Silver / Black Mix (Closed Casket Activities)
507 x Transparent Yellow w/ Black Splatter (Rev)
512 x Black in Clear (P15) (Project M)
744 x Neon Green w/ Neon Magenta Splatter (Newbury Comics 1)
747 x Neon Purple w/ Neon Orange Splatter (Newbury Comics 2)
1012 x Red w/ Blue & Neon Green Splatter (Epitaph)
∞ x Gold Nugget

Sorry for my ignorance but what is "Project M"?

Pretty sure Project M is the conglomerate/parent that is Brookyln Vegan/Revolver/etc.

20 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Correct. Project M is the managing/fulfillment company for BK, Revolver, Hard Times, and a couple of others. They're hit-or-miss with sending shit out on time and timely completion of orders. 

Went with the DW variant...diggin' that one the most. 

Same.  I'll probably grab another copy, but part of me just wants to wait until Newbury inevitably starts clearing out titles on one of their sales...

I want that cd for the book - but not $50 want.

Too bad the Newbury variants are too gross to justify owning even on clearance.  Though I suppose I'd actually be more annoyed if they got an enticing variant, only because I hate the idea of supporting them.

Definitely in for a copy though.  I don't know about anyone else but this album has aged really well for me, I still think it's a blast.  On top of that, I still spin that Eve 7" and dug it out probably just 1 week ago.  Killer track, I'm stoked to have it on an LP with additional material I haven't heard.

Pricing feels relatively fair for including an accompanying art book and mirror board finish.

I’ve been holding off on buying The Dusk In Us. I had some (both?) of those 7”s they released around the same time but sold them because the pressing quality was meh. 

I guess this is a sign to grab a copy. I might wait until prices go down a bit but I’m glad I held off for so long haha

also, I’m still not sure how I feel about Converge post-You Fail Me era. I’m trying to collect each release up to and including that album but I got lost after No Heroes. That album has some bangers but everything afterwards just never quite resonated with me the same way. 

Edited by prowl20

Getting hard out here to be a collector in Australia... Shipping rates from some stores just keeps going up, I was keen for the DW or Closed Casket variant but shipping from both is $55USD. Luckly my third choice the Project M variant has shipping at $20USD which is so much more reasonable. 

I know they're not the most reliable but I've never had an issue the few times I've brought from them. I also kinda really like black in clear, works well with the cover to! 

Edited by Sonorsaur

1 hour ago, Sonorsaur said:

Getting hard out here to be a collector in Australia... Shipping rates from some stores just keeps going up, I was keen for the DW or Closed Casket variant but shipping from both is $55USD. Luckly my third choice the Project M variant has shipping at $20USD which is so much more reasonable. 

I know they're not the most reliable but I've never had an issue the few times I've brought from them. I also kinda really like black in clear, works well with the cover to! 

shameful self promotion but here is my topic that might interest you. This is how I'm still able to continue the hobby with around 40-dollar ppd records in Europe, I think they have Australian options too.

https://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/153591-unofficial-guide-to-buying-records-for-non-us-people-for-a-little-cheaper/#comment-2991865

On 6/27/2023 at 10:36 AM, Derek™ said:

Too bad the Newbury variants are too gross to justify owning even on clearance.  Though I suppose I'd actually be more annoyed if they got an enticing variant, only because I hate the idea of supporting them.

Definitely in for a copy though.  I don't know about anyone else but this album has aged really well for me, I still think it's a blast.  On top of that, I still spin that Eve 7" and dug it out probably just 1 week ago.  Killer track, I'm stoked to have it on an LP with additional material I haven't heard.

Pricing feels relatively fair for including an accompanying art book and mirror board finish.

all the 7" releases around that era are so fucking good - it's awesome to have it all in one collection

5 hours ago, Sonorsaur said:

Luckly my third choice the Project M variant has shipping at $20USD which is so much more reasonable.

I was about to order from them too but then I see they collect international VAT themselves. That means I will have to pay double tax once the package arrives since here in Germany they don't give a shit whether tax has been already paid or not... they just make you pay whatever tax they estimate

28 minutes ago, bortx said:

I was about to order from them too but then I see they collect international VAT themselves. That means I will have to pay double tax once the package arrives since here in Germany they don't give a shit whether tax has been already paid or not... they just make you pay whatever tax they estimate

What?? Ask the retailer for the refund. I usually got it back with the local tax bill and they refund the tax from the og order.