what's the most you've ever spent on a record?

Guest vinyldoa

I dropped $450 for my Brand New Collection. I'm not proud of it because I really bought it out of pure nostalgia. And of course I had to have them all on black vinyl and the OG press of YFW. I guess I don't feel that bad because I can always sell them and make my money back no problem. But other than that, I haven't spent more than $40 or $50 which is the way it should be.

$100 for Celtic Frost 'monotheist' on clear vinyl. Seems I Will probably pay close to the same for Tom Warriors (Celtic Frost singer) current band, Triptykon's first full release 'Eparistera Daimones' as Ebay is the only place I can seem to find it, and when I do, they seem to go anywhere from $80-100 as well.

holy shit man

that's more than my mortgage payment each month

Yeah, way more than my most recent rent. I had been planning on purchasing it for a while and got the money from selling off the valuable records of my collection. I figured, by this now while it's at an average of $1500 or regret later if they shoot up to $2000. http://www.popsike.com/Ultra-Rare-Misfits-Earth-AD-Green-Vinyl-AD/270172889366.html

$150 for a mint copy of Ryan Adams' first band (when he was like 14 or 16 y/o).  Blank Label 7" - Mint.

I believe around 200 were pressed but who knows how many are actually floating around these days and I've seen these auctioned for over $600 before.

I also spent $250 but that was for his Live After Deaf boxset so I guess that wouldn't really count.

• 1 month later...

This thread makes me feel better about my addiction.

No more than 35$ for a single lp. The first month or so collecting was the worst for 20 to 35 dollar purchases. I quickly learned to be patient and let the deals come to me. (Also discovered vc) not being a variant collector helps too. I do enjoy colorful surprises though!

Bought a few boxsets for 45 to 60$ (jimi hendrix - winterland/janis joplin studio set/kings of leon 4 lp) mainly just wanted kol's first two albums. I couldn't find youth & manhood for less than 50 anywhere at that time.