Thrice - Major Minor PO

• 9 months later...

I'd kill for some Artist and Vheissu mix album. Not to say anything in their discography is lacking but Major/Minor felt very disconnected and bounced around imo. I feel like Thrice really hit their creative stride and found their sound on artist and vheissu, then broke that mold and grew on Alchemy. They really perfected what they wanted to do with Alchemy it was ambitious and emotional, Beggars was a fantastic follow up to Alchemy and them Major/Minor felt disconnected. Obviously the band was going through some inner turmoil but I'm glad they're back! 

I still can't imagine why they wouldn't want to reissue AI. they aren't a huge band with tons of money, why not reissue it. Cash and and put the money into paying their kids (eventual) tuition.

I highly doubt Dustin and gang are kicking back with their arms crossed, reading comments on FB and Reddit clamoring for an Alchemy repress, and being like "Nah." I'm sure the same legal snags that have prevented a repress are still in effect, and likely out of the band's hands entirely.

I highly doubt Dustin and gang are kicking back with their arms crossed, reading comments on FB and Reddit clamoring for an Alchemy repress, and being like "Nah." I'm sure the same legal snags that have prevented a repress are still in effect, and likely out of the band's hands entirely.

I never thought they would be. But they have a strong brand that is relaunching so to speak with the comeback this year and now a new album planned for next year. You want to take advantage of every opportunity to make as much money as possible IMO

It seemed inevitable, but I'm still really happy to hear about this. I'll go ahead & make a bold early prediction that this will be album of the year... FOR THE WHOLE  WORLD!*

*I do not stand behind my predictions

I never thought they would be. But they have a strong brand that is relaunching so to speak with the comeback this year and now a new album planned for next year. You want to take advantage of every opportunity to make as much money as possible IMO

I posted this in the vheissu thread awhile ago but last time I contacted vagrant/cobra side about a repress for AI they both stated very clearly that they had no interest what so ever in repressing or re creating the alchemy index in any format including a 2x12". So yeah, I'm sure it's very unlikely it will ever happen but there is always hope.

I'd kill for some Artist and Vheissu mix album. Not to say anything in their discography is lacking but Major/Minor felt very disconnected and bounced around imo. I feel like Thrice really hit their creative stride and found their sound on artist and vheissu, then broke that mold and grew on Alchemy. They really perfected what they wanted to do with Alchemy it was ambitious and emotional, Beggars was a fantastic follow up to Alchemy and them Major/Minor felt disconnected. Obviously the band was going through some inner turmoil but I'm glad they're back! 

I couldn't disagree with this more.  Alchemy was all kinds of experimentation (I love it, but it was never meant to be a cohesive sound), and Vheissu shows a ton of growing pains.  I love songs on that record, but I hate it as an album.  They finally started to settle into their own sound with Beggars, and Major/Minor was the ultimate realization of that sound.  I think that last album is absolutely perfect, and it's my favorite Thrice record.  I hope they keep pushing, and showing us who Thrice is, not what scene they belong in.

I think Vheissu is still their best album. I love everything about that record. Every song goes somewhere and the dynamics on that album are incredible. They lost the heaviness after that sans Fire on AI. I love Beggars and Major/Minor as well. But there is nothing that gives me the vibes and feels of Vheissu.

This! that and TAITA are their prime, Vheissu is their "grown up" record, after that they went downhill.

Yea I love TAITA as well! But a little less than TIOS. TAITA sounds more mature and contained. I still prefer TIOS for its rage and aggressiveness.

I mean, there are so many 10/10 songs there. In Years To Come, Deadbolt, To Awake and Avenge the Dead, Betrayal is a Symptom...