That previously released, then-pulled heat-reactive Elvira 7" is back on sale (just in time for Halloween!):

http://thirdmanstore.com/featured/elvira-2-big-pumpkins-7-vinyl-1

I have the one from last year and just ordered again. I am curious to see if there are any differences. Anyone remember why they pulled these originally?

I have the one from last year and just ordered again. I am curious to see if there are any differences. Anyone remember why they pulled these originally?

I don't know if I'm remembering correctly, but I thought they used the wrong take of the A side and that's why it was pulled.

If that's the case, then the re-release will obviously be different (even though the sleeve on the order page appears the exact same as the prior one).

In reply to the various people above.

- most likely TMR will only exchange the vault package if it effects playback.

- the purple Olivia Jean LPs are yes most likely being sold at the Halloween party.

- the Elvira 7" had a rough demo version on it last year and that is why it was pulled. The new version has been corrected.

Maybe a dumb question or maybe I missed something in an email... but I opened my Vault package and it only has the White Stripes LP and the flag.  No Dead Weather 7".  I'm assuming that's a mistake..? (Unless they shipped separately..?)  And if I email them, there's no way to prove I didn't get it and I'm not just some jerk trying to get a second one for free... so I'm not really sure how to handle this.  Anyone have any insight?

Maybe a dumb question or maybe I missed something in an email... but I opened my Vault package and it only has the White Stripes LP and the flag. No Dead Weather 7". I'm assuming that's a mistake..? (Unless they shipped separately..?) And if I email them, there's no way to prove I didn't get it and I'm not just some jerk trying to get a second one for free... so I'm not really sure how to handle this. Anyone have any insight?

Have you opened the LP? The 7" should be inside the sleeve.

Have you opened the LP? The 7" should be inside the sleeve.

Ahhhh I have not. Just opened the box.  I'd say I'm an idiot, but I think it's weird they'd shrinkwrap them together like that.  Thanks.

Does anyone know what letter in the alphabet they are on with Vault shipments?

My first name starts with a C and I got my shipping notification email on 10/6

Still no shipping notification for me.

In related Third Man news, I purchased the Olivia Jean solo album this week but I've ended up with two defective copies so far. Both copies are a bump on Side 1 in the middle of tracks 2 & 3. I figured it was a fluke with the first one, but found the same thing on the second one.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo.my replacement from amazon for Olivia jean showed up and guess what....same damn defect! I emailed third man to let them know. Its right near the end of 2nd track on A side....there is some kind of lump that causes the track to skip....its quite annoying and looks like a massive pressing defect. I got my first copy on release day and just got the replacement today to find the same issue. Going to send it back to Amazon again and we shall see what happens.

Mine has a visible bump but it doesn't affect playback and you can't hear anything from it, sucks to hear about your copies. It's a great album!

damn! Well glad I'm not the only one with the bump but every time it gets to last minute or so of second song it just keeps skipping and never advancing....gonna see what amazon sends the third time....if its messed up I'll just wait to find a copy elsewhere or grab one when I'm at third man in person

Does anyone know if they limit the Vault packages to one per person, household, etc.? I couldn't find any info regarding it on their site. I ask because I'm considering getting a second Vault #22 to give as a badass xmas present to a friend who went to Bonnaroo with me this year.

I would assume I wouldn't be able to use all my same info for a second subscription since it would look shady for flipping.. But if I get a roommate to buy one for me, would TMR care if two copies are going to the same house?

Does anyone know if they limit the Vault packages to one per person, household, etc.? I couldn't find any info regarding it on their site. I ask because I'm considering getting a second Vault #22 to give as a badass xmas present to a friend who went to Bonnaroo with me this year.

I would assume I wouldn't be able to use all my same info for a second subscription since it would look shady for flipping.. But if I get a roommate to buy one for me, would TMR care if two copies are going to the same house?

I just signed up for the vault today, and they allow you to adjust the quantity when adding it to your cart. I would give it a shot and see if you can purchase two subscriptions.