That one record you should not have let get away....

cephcarn4

VENOM - Scandinavian Assault

VENOM - French Assault

Both were in some shitty punk store downstairs on that main road in Camden in the UK. The main road where all those freaky things hang on the walls. You all know the place if you've been there. ANYWAY, this was in December 2000, I went into this store, saw both for like 5 pounds each. Left them there for fear of spending all my money on the 2nd day of being in the UK.

Same holiday, I was up in Newcastle a week later and went into this rad store that was just vinyl everywhere. I picked up a copy of the original 7" of RADIO BIRDMAN's TV EYE. I looked at it and thought "Awesome!" Then I put it down next to me to keep looking. I found some other records and put them on top. I them took the lot to the counter. Totally not realising I had left the Radio Birdman 7" on top of the records near where I was flicking through. Didn't pay any attention to the dude ringing up the records on the till so totally missed the fact he never rang it up on the till as I was engaged in a convo with 2 mates. Got the amount at the end 20 pounds, I thought that sounded right, and then walked out of the store thinking I had bought the Radio Birdman 7". In Nottingham the next day I pull the records out to show my mate who asked what I bought. It wasn't there. I freaked! Sent my friend in Newcastle to go back and see if the store still had it. The dude said he sold it that day. This 7" record is worth hundreds and it was just sitting in some small time store in Newcastle for 4 pounds. Never seen a copy of it since. I'm an idiot.

I saw the Bronx, shortly after they released their first album, at CBGBs. When I went to the merch table, the guy was literally begging me to buy the vinyl instead of the CD. However, I wasn't into buying records at the time, so I didn't get it. Kick myself whenever I think about that time. Oh well.

The only things I really regret were Nirvana - Love Buzz for $50 when I was in 10th grade ('96), since I thought $50 was too much for a 7" and the RFTC - tattoo 7" for $25, which I actually meant to buy, but didn't have the cash for that day, went back and it was gone. I still get mad at myself whenever I think about them.

• 1 month later...

The Hot Topic near me, which no longer gets any exclusive vinyl, for a while had a TON of Blink HT exclusive presses for a LONG time because nobody around here buys vinyl. Up until a few months about June they had several tri-color TOYPAJ, and there were at least two each of +44 and Box Car Racer, but back then I didn't collect vinyl that much and had no idea what they were worth. THEY WERE EVEN ON CLEARANCE. :(

The Hot Topic near me, which no longer gets any exclusive vinyl, for a while had a TON of Blink HT exclusive presses for a LONG time because nobody around here buys vinyl. Up until a few months about June they had several tri-color TOYPAJ, and there were at least two each of +44 and Box Car Racer, but back then I didn't collect vinyl that much and had no idea what they were worth. THEY WERE EVEN ON CLEARANCE. :(

ug I would of killed to get a tri-color TOYPAJ cheap and I even have it on black.