2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Haha did you guys see that ETR pressed The Fresh Prince theme song? $14 for two songs. TWO. SONGS. What a joke of a label. Dude just said 'fuck it, I'm not even gonna press actual music anymore, just TV show theme songs'. 

That better come with a Carlton Banks bobble head or something.

Just now, fitterhappier said:

I was wondering if there was a particular one you've used in the past

Anyways, I'll take my chances with 50 @ $24.95. Cheaper than what I've found at other places.

I've used the first link that comes up before. I think it's the best price I have also found.

So, I've probably brought this up before, but @Bladew1ll1s1sdead, you into The Speed of Sound In Seawater?

I finally broke down and grabbed a copy of their record off their bandcamp today. I've liked them for a long time, but only really listened to "Blue Version" for a long time (didn't even know what it was called back then). Anywho. If you don't know them, you'd like them.

2 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Get the fuck out... when?

Not sure. I got the info from a Facebook post. A guy that puts on Crucialfest here every year asked what local bands people would want to see reunite for next years' fest. A bunch of people said Iceburn and Gentry posted "Iceburn is working on a new record with the '92-'93 lineup".

They're playing a show next month, so maybe I'll get some more details there.

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

Haha did you guys see that ETR pressed The Fresh Prince theme song? $14 for two songs. TWO. SONGS. What a joke of a label. Dude just said 'fuck it, I'm not even gonna press actual music anymore, just TV show theme songs'. 

Like, why the fuck would you need a TV theme song on vinyl? That's what YouTube is for. You can just watch the opening credits to Step by Step or whatever the fuck anytime you feel like it. The thought* of someone pulling out a record, unsleeving it, placing it on a turntable, cleaning it, and then... "WEST PHILADELPHIA BORN AND RAISED!" just upsets and baffles me. 

I understand something like The X-Files or Twin Peaks or any other show with an actually legitimately good score. But novelty throwback cartoon/sitcom theme songs? Why?

I mean I know WHY but that doesn't make the answers less upsetting

*I know no one is actually spinning these garbage releases

21 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Like, why the fuck would you need a TV theme song on vinyl? That's what YouTube is for. You can just watch the opening credits to Step by Step or whatever the fuck anytime you feel like it. The thought* of someone pulling out a record, unsleeving it, placing it on a turntable, cleaning it, and then... "WEST PHILADELPHIA BORN AND RAISED!" just upsets and baffles me. 

I understand something like The X-Files or Twin Peaks or any other show with an actually legitimately good score. But novelty throwback cartoon/sitcom theme songs? Why?

I mean I know WHY but that doesn't make the answers less upsetting

There's a few from anime that were legitimately cool songs. If the openings to HOTD or Strike the Blood (first OP) were on 7s I'd totally buy them as a novelty and spin it occasionally. That being said, they were done for the show by an actual band. These ETR releases are pretty ridiculous and their other stuff is of varying degrees of shitty quality. My Fall of Troy stuff was borderline unlistenable. Sounded like 196kbps MP3s

Edited by Issei Hyoudou

4 hours ago, Youinreverse said:

Not sure. I got the info from a Facebook post. A guy that puts on Crucialfest here every year asked what local bands people would want to see reunite for next years' fest. A bunch of people said Iceburn and Gentry posted "Iceburn is working on a new record with the '92-'93 lineup".

They're playing a show next month, so maybe I'll get some more details there.

That's awesome

7 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I came across one on my IG feed. Dude was spinning it on a decent table, so I was surprised. Then I read the dumb "90's kids blah blah" caption and laughed. So fucking stupid. What's it cost anyway, $30 for 2 songs? ETR knows their audience now, and how to profit off dumb people's nostalgia.

Also, morning all.

7 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I came across one on my IG feed. Dude was spinning it on a decent table, so I was surprised. Then I read the dumb "90's kids blah blah" caption and laughed. So fucking stupid. What's it cost anyway, $30 for 2 songs? ETR knows their audience now, and how to profit off dumb people's nostalgia.

Also, morning all.

Ugh, my stomach feels terrible today. Stupid IBS flare up. Not sure what caused it, since I barely ate yesterday. Damn you cramping stomach.

Also sick of my facebook feed being full of cavs stuff. Great they won, but do people need to go so insane for a sports event? I don't get the appeal. Huge parade in Cleveland today, and tomorrow a party for LeBron here in Akron. They are expecting a million people in Cleveland today. That is insane.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic