The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

It's gonna be tough to get both. There are mondo people who have no interest in vinyl who will go for the print. I'd say go for the one you want the most.

I foresee the amber variant lasting at least a couple of minutes, minimum.  Even with the popularity and limited quantity of this record.  The print, though?  No way.

???

If you don't collect/own prints, are you about to start or do you want that particular print to put it on the wall?

If so, why does the value matter?

If I get one I'm gonna frame it and hang it. Not super into prints, spending $50+ on a poster seems absurd for me. But JP is one of my all time favorites and the print is so awesome. Probably not gonna start collecting prints. Just curious if they hold value.

Oh fuck that shit. I'm going to wait for juno/norman records to get some copies in. Not fussed about the colour/variant, just want the music.

Will they though? Because the blog post specifically stated that these will only be available through mondo. But I didn't really pay attention to this thread for any new info.

Will they though? Because the blog post specifically stated that these will only be available through mondo. But I didn't really pay attention to this thread for any new info.

I was curious about this myself. I recall pressing numbers being discussed in this thread, but that was a while ago and I can't be bothered to go that far back and search for that info.

edit: found the article. 5k total of version A. Limited to the Mondo store.

http://www.wired.com/2014/05/jurassic-park-vinyl/

Hello all,

Im still looking for anyone who would be so kind as to loan me 5 paypal dollars for my JP purchase this morning. I will gladly gift you back 7 on friday. PM me!

We now return you to your normal Mondo thread. 

Thanks!

Aiit, PM me your paypal dude. No need to add interest, just pay back when you can.

Guest deleted

Hello all,

Im still looking for anyone who would be so kind as to loan me 5 paypal dollars for my JP purchase this morning. I will gladly gift you back 7 on friday. PM me!

Thanks!

Worse than strangers who bum smokes.

Hello all,

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6xBaZ92uA

Guest deleted

Fuck off.

You're a stranger who bums smokes or who asks for $5 to buy a record to buy a record you've known was to be released today for months?

Guest deleted

IMO someone should post a new thread when the record goes up because this one is going to have hype posts all day. Agreed?

They did that but the mods merged it with this one

I think the mods and maybe even some of the Mondo trolls may allow it since the last discussion.  

SERIOUS BUSINESS TAKING UP REAL ESTATE ON THE FRONT PAGE… THINK IT THROUGH CAREFULLY.

I foresee the amber variant lasting at least a couple of minutes, minimum.  Even with the popularity and limited quantity of this record.  The print, though?  No way.

The print is a giclee though and really hasn't exactly set the world on fire on the EB Mondo thread.  It's a guaranteed sellout but I'm not 100% that it's gonna be a blood bath or anything.

I definitely want the record more. But I feel I have a good chance at getting both if I go for the print first. Idk...haha

If you've never done a Mondo drop before, don't just assume you have a good chance at either.  My piece of advice, go with the first thing that hits the site, place your order, then try for a 2nd order for the item that hits the store 2nd.  I believe in the past, they've dropped the record first, waited a minute or 2, then dropped the print, in an attempt to allow people looking for both, to complete their orders.