The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I just fear this trend will continue to grow & in a year we're seeing single & douple LP's for $100+ retail.

You already have, Iron Giant.

As far as I'm concerned, it's all good.  They always put something more into their releases (and now it's getting to be even more).

I would be happy to see a regular, black LP in a sleeve with stock movie poster art cover for all of these releases as well for normal prices (even if it's not Mondo).  But whether or not that happens is dependent on the demand for the music itself... many of these releases that Mondo has sold would not sell well except that it's Mondo, and they make fucking cool packages.  These are collectors items, these aren't album releases.

Releases that are expected to sell better DO see regular releases, Guardians being a great example of this.  The regular release cost me $15 shipped!!  While it's a cool soundtrack, I didn't love the movie or the score enough to pick up a Mondo Collector's item of it.

I feel like I ask this all the time and I feel shitty about this but can someone please grab an extra for me?

I was no expecting this ON TOP of Shaun Of The Dead on Tuesday and I can't do both right now :(.

So can anyone help at all please? I'll send you the payment NEXT Saturday for sure.

if you don't want the handbill I've got you

Bear in mind that the screenprinted GOTG poster that this artwork is taken from is selling for $300-400, so the ability to get this for $50 has me quite pleased.  I'm more in for the art than the record itself, actually.

This is spot on.

If it were just a 12" x 12" print and a handbill for $50 they'd be selling like hotcakes. You make the print a jacket instead and put a record inside and suddenly people are complaining.

It's not like this is some run-of-the-mill record that someone just pressed on colored vinyl and charged double the going rate for. The package as a whole is really cool/rather unique.

I feel like I ask this all the time and I feel shitty about this but can someone please grab an extra for me?

I was no expecting this ON TOP of Shaun Of The Dead on Tuesday and I can't do both right now :(.

So can anyone help at all please? I'll send you the payment NEXT Saturday for sure.

just get a paypal credit (bill-me-later) account. I buy everything I can through that--it helps me keep track of how much I spend on my hobbies. no harm done because I always pay the full amount when it's due, unless I have an interest-free promo (6 months no interest if you spend over $100).

This is spot on.

If it were just a 12" x 12" print and a handbill for $50 they'd be selling like hotcakes. You make the print a jacket instead and put a record inside and suddenly people are complaining.

It's not like this is some run-of-the-mill record that someone just pressed on colored vinyl and charged double the going rate for. The package as a whole is really cool/rather unique.

Agreed.

From a collector's standpoint, $50 for two pieces of screen-printed Stout GOTG artwork is an awesome price. Throw in a (no doubt) quality pressed colored variant of a fantastic soundtrack and you're looking at one hell of a package. Purchased w/o hesitation.