The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

So my looper arrived in a big box from mondo....well wrapped but they could easily get 3 records into one of these things if they chose to do so. The burlap is cool but a bitch to get the sleeve back in after I took the records out! I know mondo enjoys using their mailers bir I wish they would ship all their records out in these bigger boxes....

same here, the burlap sleeve is super tight around the record. hard to get in and out without messing up the edges

Anyone in canada willing to order this and then ship it to me? http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/product/drive-future-shop-exclusive-mondo-steelbook-blu-ray-combo/m2214452.aspx

It looks awesome. Mondo and Steelbooks is a match made in the poorhouse.

Shoot me a PM and we can chat. I'll galdly help people out getting one.

So my looper arrived in a big box from mondo....well wrapped but they could easily get 3 records into one of these things if they chose to do so. The burlap is cool but a bitch to get the sleeve back in after I took the records out! I know mondo enjoys using their mailers bir I wish they would ship all their records out in these bigger boxes....

I've heard from everyone about what a hard time theyre having with the burlap but I haven't had much of a fight.

I guess I'm just used to bagging comics?

So a coworker of mine was saying that his buddy that lives in the England is a huge record collector. Apparently a bunch were given to a company in England so he has both variants, and they got them early. SO that may play a factor in why this sold out very fast

I can't find anything that supports them already being available over here. All I could find was this:

http://www.banquetrecords.com/SOTD;jsessionid=22C0FBD5E109E046FCB5C01C7EC244D6

Got my copy of The Iron Giant from Justin Cole (now custin_jole) today and I got the variant! So excited right now.

But guess what? Fucking seem splits again. I just don't understand. I don't remember the last time I received a record with a seam split from anywhere but Mondo. And yes I understand that it technically isn't Mondo's fault but goddamn is it disappointing paying as much as I do for these things and I'm almost always guaranteed to receive it damaged.

seriously? I've never had any damage on any mondo releases. maybe it helps that i'm relatively close?

That probably does help! I'm jealous...

0 damage to any Mondo LPs here (and I have ordered almost all of them).....but have had 1 manufacturing defect.

Jealous of you too :(. I've gotten at least one of everything that Mondo's released starting with The Beyond. And I would say on average, every other one has a seam split. Maybe a little less than that. But recently it feels like it's been ridiculous.

Thanks for the warm welcome to your community, and the assistance in both helping me find something I would like and helping you find something you would like.  Appreciated.

Dude you're asking to trade something that's $25 and very easy to get still for something that retailed originally for $35 and is now worth around $150.

Dude you're asking to trade something that's $25 and very easy to get still for something that retailed originally for $35 and is now worth around $150.

I never in a million years expected a straight trade - just wanted to open a dialogue.  Wanted to help out some people who couldn't get what they wanted.  Offer is still there! 

In his defense (not that I'm taking sides or that it justifies the request) in a few months to a year when the steelbooks are sold out it will go on the aftermarket for just as much, if not more, than the JP vinyl. The limited edition steelbook aftermarket is pretty unforgiving, just look at the drive UK steelbook for an example.