THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

• 4 weeks later...
LOL. Good to know that a huge crease, wrinkling, yellowing from age, general shelf wear and a pen mark only take a random turd down to mint minus. I think the value of my collection of junk shop chud just quadrupled. Score! :)

I'mnotsurethisqualifiesas"ebaycraziness"itseemslikeareallygooddealandI'mconsideringpurchasingit.ImeancountryversionsofLadyGagaandKidCudisoundsphenomenal!!!What'snottolove?Plusit'sanRSDreleasesoit'sobviouslyextremelyvaluable.

This is how the text in the listing looks when I pull it up (just so I don't look entirely insane).

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/253378286

Uhh, okay.

It's not even the price that bugs me. It's just how absolutely self-absorbed and fucking obnoxious people can be.

Just saw this and had no idea you are a Duster fan...I can't believe the price either. Happy I bought my copies as well as Parton Cooper Planetarium and Eiafuawn from Clay for $12 each about five years ago. Stratosphere is my most prized record. Static Cult/Somber Atlantic for life - bums me out so bad that their label dissolved. Easily my favorite label(s) ever. Check out Faded Tapes, I know you will like them. Red Dunes/Scarecrow Frequency; Breasts, Eiafuawn, Butter Up Band, Fotosputnik. God damn, it is all good.

Edit: I talked to Jason recently and Duster are getting back together to play the NW sometime soon. Potential hyperbole but really, nothing in the world could make me happier. Anyway, I'm just excited to see someone talk about that band here.

Dude Duster is amazing. Sold a copy of Stratosphere last year around Christmas to make the holidays happen. But boy do I hate myself for it. I had gotten the album for free when I worked at a local record store. Siiiiiigh. Also remember seeing Contemporary Movement at Twist and Shout in Denver like two years ago for $20 but I bought a Cure record instead. I'm bad at this hobby sometimes :/

Just saw this and had no idea you are a Duster fan...I can't believe the price either. Happy I bought my copies as well as Parton Cooper Planetarium and Eiafuawn from Clay for $12 each about five years ago. Stratosphere is my most prized record. Static Cult/Somber Atlantic for life - bums me out so bad that their label dissolved. Easily my favorite label(s) ever. Check out Faded Tapes, I know you will like them. Red Dunes/Scarecrow Frequency; Breasts, Eiafuawn, Butter Up Band, Fotosputnik. God damn, it is all good.

Edit: I talked to Jason recently and Duster are getting back together to play the NW sometime soon. Potential hyperbole but really, nothing in the world could make me happier. Anyway, I'm just excited to see someone talk about that band here.

I should've quoted the original listing for posterity.  Because, obviously, someone asking $250 for an OOP record is nothing that crazy on eBay or Discogs.  But back when I posted that, someone had a copy listed for $5,000, and the description was some bullshit along the lines of "This copy is in flawless condition and signed in silver ink by the band and it's not for sale but I just wanted to showcase it on the site", or something along those lines.  Just completely obnoxious gloating.  I hadn't seen anything like it on Discogs to be honest.

But that's awesome.  You got a killer deal on those albums, and I can see why you'd value your copy of Stratosphere so much.  I'd love to own that album for under $30 – I hope a repress isn't out of the question, at some point before I die.  Thank you for the recommendations and also the [potentially] good news, regarding a new tour.  Won't hold my breath, but that's certainly got promise.

Ok, so I missed this one, I have been after this pressing for years and I mean years.... I have never seen one under $100.00 let alone a good one under $150.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PINK-FLOYD-ATOM-HEART-MOTHER-200-GR-ANADISC-MOFI-MFSL-1-202-LTD-ED-4794-NM-/141744629010?hash=item2100a36512

Someone got an absolutely ridiculous deal here. 

Not to mention they got a good deal, they even made a "best offer" which was accepted, insane.

Ok, so I missed this one, I have been after this pressing for years and I mean years.... I have never seen one under $100.00 let alone a good one under $150.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PINK-FLOYD-ATOM-HEART-MOTHER-200-GR-ANADISC-MOFI-MFSL-1-202-LTD-ED-4794-NM-/141744629010?hash=item2100a36512

Someone got an absolutely ridiculous deal here. 

Not to mention they got a good deal, they even made a "best offer" which was accepted, insane.

damn. wow. best offer accepted.

edit: not to mention the $3 shipping from italy to USA.

bad experiences with Italy or something?

Italy has a notoriously bad postal service.  I have had packages lost as a buyer and seller.  Sadly, it's not uncommon.  I no longer buy records from or ship to Italy and don't recommend anyone doing so.

Great place to visit, just not a good place to buy or sell records via mail.