How do you get test presses?

I know, but most(not all) people who have them have them for a reason and won't let them go unless for a ridiculous price.

Chances are they PAID a rediculous price.

Some labels are badass and aren't into sticking it up your pooper to get a test.

Of course they are going to be pricey. In some cases, you can literally be the only person in the world to have that one certain record in your hands.

Is it your fav band? Drop the coin for a test press. Chances are it got spun by someone important involved in making and creating the record.

I know, but most(not all) people who have them have them for a reason and won't let them go unless for a ridiculous price. 

Yes, what was said above. Many labels sell them directly to fans for a "ridiculous price", so dig deep into your bank account. I've paid $15-$85 for tests directly from labels and not an auction either. Every label is different. Good luck!

I got 4 out of the 6 I own from Rich at Speedowax Records by simply bugging him about selling them to me, although he often sticks them up in his store (for reasonable prices). I got one in a trade and the other on eBay. These are the three main ways.

Just be careful not to piss off the label owner by pestering them too hard.

Sometimes labels auction them, sometimes they put a few up in their webstore, ebay, etc...

An example: right now you can buy one through BHR webstore for a pretty fair price Broken Heart Records Sparrows Cold Groud (Test Press).

To echo some of the others don't expect these test presses to be cheap and most people that have them usually have them as part of a collection (or because they really like the band). There are usually so few that anyone who has one has it for a good reason and doesn't usually let it go for super cheap.

Sometimes labels auction them, sometimes they put a few up in their webstore, ebay, etc...

An example: right now you can buy one through BHR webstore for a pretty fair price Broken Heart Records Sparrows Cold Groud (Test Press).

To echo some of the others don't expect these test presses to be cheap and most people that have them usually have them as part of a collection (or because they really like the band). There are usually so few that anyone who has one has it for a good reason and doesn't usually let it go for super cheap.

In the case of my label we don't sell them for profit.  We usually sell 5 and the money pays for the screenprinted covers