Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

...looked for ones that still had the sticker and was willing to pay more for it. It's part of the artwork, and incomplete without it.

Never imagined people would even make such a huge deal out of it. It's a printed adhesive. It's not like you'll forget what the photo underneath ever looked like. Then again, my records go on a turntable, not a wall.

Just my $0.02

This is the way I look at it. The sticker doesn't bug me at all. Of course, I don't FRAME my fuggin' records. If you're bitching about the "art" there's plenty of hi-res photos online of the cover that you can print and hang up on your walls. With the way people were reacting around here you'd think the sticker destroyed the ability to put the wax on the turntable and hear it play. Sheesh.

After reading most of this thread, there's 2 things I've learned this board loses their shit over: stickers on the front of album covers, and irrelevent grammatical errors.

Just got my clear press. So incredibly pissed about the sticker. I typically frame the jackets on my wall, and was really looking forward to adding this one. I got most of it off but still have some residue, scared to try goo gone or anything like that. Anyone find anything that works?

Can we get this transferred over to that "VC do'h! Moments" thread?  Save this dude the hassle 1000 posts from now of trying to dig this gem up.

All this bitching almost make me want to cancel my order, since it has not shipped yet.

To everyone complaining about the sticker, did you try the hair dryer method to remove it?

All this bitching almost make me want to cancel my order, since it has not shipped yet.

To everyone complaining about the sticker, did you try the hair dryer method to remove it?

It doesn't seem like anyone has come up with a perfect way of getting it off yet, so sure, if a minor flaw matters that much, save yourself the cash.

This is the way I look at it. The sticker doesn't bug me at all. Of course, I don't FRAME my fuggin' records. If you're bitching about the "art" there's plenty of hi-res photos online of the cover that you can print and hang up on your walls. With the way people were reacting around here you'd think the sticker destroyed the ability to put the wax on the turntable and hear it play. Sheesh.

Putting people who buy albums simply to put them in a frame aside for a minute, the sexy aesthetic value of the physical product is a major part of collecting records.

The discussion of such issues is very relevant to this forum. If the only reason you're collecting is for the audio, there's plenty of lossless audio files online that you can download instead to go with your printed out artwork.

I don't give a shit about the sticker. I'm more worried about the quality of the press.

I think that it's been determined that this pressing is of a good quality and as such the discussion is not focusing on this.

Listen guys/gals.....

I don't like stickers. They are adhesive and sometimes they rip things when you pull them off of things... and they leave residue...
But I choose to appreciate this sticker for what it is. 

The sticker number matches the number printed on the inner sleeve. Sure it may seem like redundant information. Some might even go so far as calling it useless. But everytime I see that sticker I will be reminded of what number I have. I will also be reminded of this forum, and of all the memories and laughs I had while reading about the sticker, Shaq, buying multiple copies to sell to boyfriends, hanging it on walls,  and the desperation some have to obtain a red press.

This sticker has brought us together as a community! So... for better or worse, the sticker will stay on my record.

Staying on mine too. If I want to hang a picture of the record cover on the wall I'll print out a 12x12 and call it a day.

If the only reason you're collecting is for the audio

I'm not.

And to me the sexy aesthetic value is not gone because of a fuggin' sticker, no matter how much some of you may say it is.

I don't have a single thing to bitch about with this release. I've been waiting, and I finally have it, and it looks and sounds great. The fact that some people on here feel they have to bitch to the point that they're actually having members ask about and consider not buying this release is absurd.

I just called about 30 record stores around the USA asking about this record. Most had no idea. A handful said they ordered a few and they *might* be red copies and took my name down and will call me when they arrive.

Crossing my fingers hard, my bros.

They're not going to be red. If the store doesn't already have them in hand, they're not going to be red. This has been established. Your best bet is someone on here or eBay.

They're not going to be red. If the store doesn't already have them in hand, they're not going to be red. This has been established. Your best bet is someone on here or eBay.

I hate to tell you that you're wrong, but you're wrong. The distro that got them in America apparently is reporting to record stores that a lot of stores didn't pay up for their orders, and therefore there are more copies floating around that haven't been shipped. 

Gotta have faith. 

kess, you have been relentlessly posting about red, man. how about you update us when you DO find a red copy rather than every time you don't? which is always?

this thread can easily be renamed and repurposed as the "how to remove goo after you peel off a sticker, and also how to ask the same question a hundred times"

kess, you have been relentlessly posting about red, man. how about you update us when you DO find a red copy rather than every time you don't? which is always?

this thread can easily be renamed and repurposed as the "how to remove goo after you peel off a sticker, and also how to ask the same question a hundred times"

I'm sorry I didn't realize this thread had rules about what to post about

I'll let you guys get back to sticker-bitching.