Sellers Regret

MahPah

i try not to sell anything i wouldn't be able to get back relatively easy. mostly i get buyer's remorse. it comes in the form of oh fuck my electric bill is due and i just bought this ______ record, fill in the blank because it's happened way too many times with records and bills coming due. bad choices woo!

All my Sunn records (had each color/variant of each record Black One and earlier)

All my Boards of Canada records (although thank you Warp for the represses :)

Green Day - Dookie (first press) sold to someone in indonesia for $70

Bummer. I still have my first press Dookie along with the 2009 reissue and green vinyl pressing from Hot Topic.

I don't really regret anything I sold, but it would be nice to still have all the Circa Survive albums, Brand New Deja and that Rookie Lot split. I used the money for more records, which I probably listen to a lot more, which is why I don't really regret it.

I traded Every Time I Die's "Gutter Phenomenon" for Explosions in the Sky's "All of a Sudden..." which I regret because a) the Explosions record was pressed poorly and sounds like shit (I've since sold it), B) that's by far my favorite ETID album, and c) "Gutter" now goes for way more than I'll ever pay for it. I get excited whenever I see a copy for sale but I refuse to pay the $50+ people ask for. Can't the lovely people at Hot Topic repress this, or will it need to be pried from Virgil's cold dead hands?

I don't really regret anything I sold, except maybe Freelance Whales - Weathervanes to a board member.

However, I do really regret not buying Massive Attack - Heligoland. My record store had it for about 2 years. I looked at it every time I went but didn't want to shell out the $50 or so. Man, what a stupid decision.

gave away all my originals from the 70s, some 80s to my younger brother in 1991; thankfully he kept the best 15 or so and sold the rest for grateful dead bootlegs :rolleyes:

otherwise, never regrets, but I haven't sold a whole lot yet either.

I like to do trades, and I usually bleed the first trade or two with someone, especially for something I initiate and want, but if they don't reciprocate with a little blood on something that they want, then I won't do any more trades (regrets would follow).

I bought Silkworm - Firewater for $20 soon after I started buying records. I ended up selling it like a year later for $15 because I needed money. I think about how stupid that was all the time. I also sold all of my Mono albums which are cheap and not hard to find, but still wish I hadn't.