usps shipping fee (2013) makes me sick of collecting

it's almost 3 months which i didn't buy any record after got hurt and headache from returned to sender/ label packet, new usps shipping fee which really terrible and imported tax (i really dislike my country custom department).

all are make me feeling sick of collecting record.

and you ?

if you're living outside the states, please share your bitter experience about usps new shipping fee rate and your country customs.

anyway, i still enjoy collecting but not much as i ever....

I hate when buyers from other countries buy from me. I get paranoid that they are never gonna get something I sent.

Most dont even understand the costs and when I add shipping via discogs they bail(this is usually people with no feedback)

The shipping costs just never work out internationally unless they buy a few but keep the package under 4 pounds so it does not have to be shipped priority

I hate when buyers from other countries buy from me. I get paranoid that they are never gonna get something I sent.

Most dont even understand the costs and when I add shipping via discogs they bail(this is usually people with no feedback)

The shipping costs just never work out internationally unless they buy a few but keep the package under 4 pounds so it does not have to be shipped priority

Totally This. 

I get paranoid they'll never get it, OR are more prone to just saying they never got the package. (Probably they'll just pull the trigger early and complain on PayPal although the package is still on it's way) They get the refund + the 2 week late package.

*Never ship to Brazil, Italy.*

I live in Brazil. I've been buying records for 5 years, and only have had three problems from US sellers (and all 3 were scammers).

Since july, the records shipped from US are taking almost 2 months to arrive. Just to compare, european orders usually takes 3 to 5 weeks and the shipping costs are way more afordable.

I'm kindda giving up buying records from american sellers.

this also works the other way as well. 

"I didn't notice you are not from the US, I don't want to pay that  hight shipping to get the record from you, so I cancel the order" Hate, hate, hate that. I wonder why people can't read.

on topic. It sucks, I guess i have a bit more luck than Yu that I live in Europe, so basically I can buy anything from German/UK distros, but still USD is the better currency against Euro or GBP, better i mean it worths less, so it was better to order directly back in the day.

No matter how well lp's are packed, they'll always arrive a bit dinged up with the cornes, seams and such once I get them all the way to Denmark from the US. It's unavoidable with the way packages are handled, stacked and thrown around by the carriers. Of course it sucks if a package arrives completely mangled, but if I was to worry about random dings and splits to the sleeves, it would be a fulltime job.

No matter how well lp's are packed, they'll always arrive a bit dinged up with the cornes, seams and such once I get them all the way to Denmark from the US. It's unavoidable with the way packages are handled, stacked and thrown around by the carriers. Of course it sucks if a package arrives completely mangled, but if I was to worry about random dings and splits to the sleeves, it would be a fulltime job.

Box within a box works great , record outside the jacket - and they make cool corner protectors (easily home-made), for us hobbyists.  

Distro or high volume pro - cannot imagine the headaches

Taking an LP out of the jacket isn't exactly difficult and it prevents seam splits.

I don't live outside the US, but the number of international people buying vinyl from me dropped in half from January onwards with USPS new international rates. I have a friend that works at the post office that tells me it is only a matter of time before they get rid of media mail since they lose quite a bit of money on it.

It costs me $9 to send an LP from EU to US.

It costs me $18+ to have a record sent form US to EU.

What I hate most though is certain retailers with exclusive releases only offering $30+ shipping options.

Also, it costs $2.95 to have a record sent from US to EU through the amazon marketplace. Guess where I do 95% of my record shopping lately. :)

It costs me $9 to send an LP from EU to US.

It costs me $18+ to have a record sent form US to EU.

What I hate most though is certain retailers with exclusive releases only offering $30+ shipping options.

Also, it costs $2.95 to have a record sent from US to EU through the amazon marketplace. Guess where I do 95% of my record shopping lately. :)

That's why I don't ship internationally with amazon marketplace, the shipping rates aren't even close to what they should be.