VC's definitive list of albums, A- Z (VOTING CLOSED)

brandy

My vote will have to go for Blink 182's self titled.

It was either this or The Beatles, but Blink was a band that greatly shaped and influenced my musical tastes, so it's gotta be that for sure.

Also I was disappointed Blood Sugar Sex Magik did not get a single vote.....  :mellow:

You typed out exactly what I was going to say. I mean its somehwhat impossible to put Blink before the Beatles but personally for me I am going to because of exactly what you said.

banghead.gif

This is why VC is such a bummer sometimes.

Well... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. While I acknowledge the influence of The Beatles' music, and I do enjoy their self titled album a lot, their music did not have as much an impact as Blink 182 had for myself personally.

Yes, The Beatles did influence so many artists, and almost all of popular and indie music; probably all, or 99% of the artists I listen to are influenced strongly by them as well in some way. But Blink 182's music directly shaped my musical tastes. They were what got me to listen to punk music in the first place, and that's why I hold them so dear. And of course, I still enjoy Blink's s/t a lot even to this day. The Beatles are certainly influential, but unlike Blink, they did not play a direct role in pushing me towards exploring punk and independent music.

because we all agree that the bends is radiohead's best album, right?

also, it seems dumb that "the beatles" is even going here. it's the white album, dammit!

because we all agree that the bends is radiohead's best album, right?

also, it seems dumb that "the beatles" is even going here. it's the white album, dammit!

It's funny; I feel like 9 of 10 Radiohead fans will firmly insist that OK Computer is the band's crown-jewel. I'm more partial to In Rainbows... but for what it's worth, I had zero exposure to the band prior to 2005 or so.

And I agree with your sentiments on The White Album.