• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have like 10 albums, and 200 records.

Finally have a camera that will at least take a viewable photo, so I thought I would share some pics. Speaker placement is not ideal, but it is a work in progress.    

This topic is giving me such a woody.   I collected fiercely in the 1990s, in retrospect the best time possible since everybody was dumping LPs. I'd spend $100 or $200 at Jerry's in Pittsbur

Appreciate the thought, but woodworking isn't really my strong suit lol

Definitely gonna have to check those out, though! Thanks

No worries. They shouldn't cost you more than four or five bucks a piece. I'm no handyman myself, so I used them until i was brave enough to attempt my own box as well. Not totally easy, but not impossible and with hand tools for the most part. The hardware store cut everything for me free when I bought the board I used, and the rest I did by hand in one day.

• 2 weeks later...

For 7s, I used to buy small record carrying cases as they are so portable and you can stack them easily, like under things. They used to be easy to find second hand from jumble sales and charity shops (flea markets and goodwill shops?), I suspect with the ZOMG vinyl stuff that they are much harder to find these days.

Hi All,

Does anyone have any advice on how to build these? Looks like maybe a router used with a mitre gauge on an angle?

b09e1bf2212275e6c3b3dac65ee42cdd.jpg

4efa1375c0741cd7b055eba9acfe4354.jpg

il_fullxfull.666625160_4syg.jpg

I've made them before. They work pretty well. However, it is pretty difficult to get the right angle so the records don't lean too far back.

I just used a skil saw to make the cuts.

I can take some pictures and post this evening with the dimensions if you'd like.

• 2 weeks later...

I've made them before. They work pretty well. However, it is pretty difficult to get the right angle so the records don't lean too far back.

I just used a skil saw to make the cuts.

I can take some pictures and post this evening with the dimensions if you'd like.

Yes that would be very helpful! Thanks

CE4DFF95-A0BC-4854-BCBC-ADDF9C70F079.jpg

This is exactly how I wanted to set ours up...buuuut not enough wall space anywhere to do so, so we ended up puting the two verticals side by side simulating a 4x4 and the horizontal one on the wall opposite

Horizontal one was harder to put together than the vertical ones in my opinion

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a house in Nashville, finally have everything in order.  My record shelf is a piece that my grandmother gave me that she used to store her VHS tapes in, so stoked on it with my collection inside. The Victrola in the corner isn't currently working (my Mom's best friend was going to throw it away).  So I turned it into a bar and will get it fixed when I get some extra cash.

2qsquep.jpg

4dq3p.jpg

2145v2a.jpg