Post Your Record Storage Area

Nice. Loads of these setups make me wish I had fewer records. But downsizing means basically giving away my children.

I sold my children to pay for more records, it was the kindest thing to do as children are inherently noisy and I've told the wife she's next

Nice. Loads of these setups make me wish I had fewer records. But downsizing means basically giving away my children.

Thanks. I'm slowly building up... I am trying to stick to some principles like only buying albums that are meaningful to me, or that I really love (original pressings if possible, unless they sound bad and there is a really nice sounding repress). But the odd impulse buy creeps in. I sort of have it under control, hah. 

I sold my children to pay for more records, it was the kindest thing to do as children are inherently noisy and I've told the wife she's next

I need to get rid of the two kids I have hanging around, nothing but pops & clicks anytime they attempt to say anything to me...just noise

I had one built for me based off the lpbin, but I've since outgrown it an switched to a kallax. It's currently sitting unused in my boiler room until I either sell it or put to use when I move into a bigger place.

Sorry for being that guy, but I am selling the shelf I was talking about in this post. If you're in the Hudson Valley region of New York, you can find more info here.

Don't think so, here are the dimension for the unit and for the inside cubes:

Unit: 44.65"L x 15.35"W x 44.57"H

Cubbies: 49.02 x 18.23 x 11.5

Looks like there may be half an inch less than you need if the cubbies are only 11 1/2 inches tall inside

Cubbies: 49.02 x 18.23 x 11.5

Now read those dimensions again and try to imagine them making sense. It's a cube*. You can clearly see it's a cube. Those dimensions do not make a cube.

Here are the dimensions for the fabric storage bins placed in those cubes: 12.8"W x 12.8"D x 15"H

Your records will fit fine. :)

*technically only two sides are identical on those, but you get the point

I registered here because of this thread, and I've just scrolled through the whole thing looking for inspiration.  Some of you guys have some great storage ideas!   I may steal some. 

Here's where I started:

5jGVYPM.jpg

Those shelves are cheap things I bought at Target.  I much preferred this storage setup in terms of room aesthetics.  Unfortunately, they weren't up to holding all of those records, plus a heavy integrated amp and a 25 lb. turntable (I don't own either of those anymore) on top.  The left one eventually got bumped and pretty much crumbled.  So, I plucked out all of my rougher records and dupes to slim down the library, and went to this for storage:

W81DCZd.jpg

Solid plywood bookcase with oak veneer I found on craigslist.  It had removable shelves and wouldn't have been strong enough that way, so I shot and sunk 3" brass screws into the end of every shelf.  Now it's solid as a rock and holds the weight without a hint of strain.  I don't like the way this looks though. 

• jhulud locked this topic