New VC Mod?

OK. All threads have been deleted and put in for he spam account to be deleted.

Now. In the barrage of reports on the threads and account, this message was included:

"made 40 threads over 3 hours and nobody has done anything about it. Poor effort on behalf of the admin and mods"

That bothers me as I have to ask why call it out on a poor effort to address when this all went down in the wee hours of the morning/night and we're not up all night posting on message boards. Do you think there's like a special alarm that wakes us up in the middle of the night whenever there's an issue on the boards or someone is reporting something or complaining?

Next time remind me to give out the number to my Batphone so I can be at your beckon and call.

bat_phone.jpg

:P

it got locked because they probably decided not to bring on another mod

Correct.

We decided that there was no need at that time to bring in someone else. Simple as that.

99.9% of the time, this board is incident-free. No major fires to be put out. Shit like last night w/ the multiple spam threads happens once every few months maybe? It gets taken care of as soon as possible. And as Mike also posted, the world did not end b/c it didn't get addressed for five hours.

Correct.

We decided that there was no need at that time to bring in someone else. Simple as that.

99.9% of the time, this board is incident-free. No major fires to be put out. Shit like last night w/ the multiple spam threads happens once every few months maybe? It gets taken care of as soon as possible. And as Mike also posted, the world did not end b/c it didn't get addressed for five hours.

whatever works.

726CBAC9-6D35-44B3-9631-AE60C8B6983E.gif

Perhaps it would have been helpful to say you didnt want another mod when locking the other thread, that way people at least know why it got locked. (maybe you did, I didnt read the thread at all, but it seems like Toki would have seen that message had it been posted before it got locked).

I also find it odd that people are saying another mod would help out around here, while the current mods are all 'no' for some odd reason. Most boards get more mods as the board grows and the community wishes for more mods to keep it from getting spammy/out of hand.

Would it be so harmful to bring in one more mod on the opposite side of the timezone to help clear up on occasions such as these though?

I just can't see a valid reason why not, is all.