Good Charlotte- S/T & The Young and the Hopeless Vinyl Re-issue(s) Available 2/10 via ETR webstore

I've said it before, don't be ashamed of liking ANYTHING. Who gives a fuck?

And what's the point of bashing a band on the internet saying how much you think they suck? Nobody cares or asked about your opinion

reminds me of that quote by tre about not getting certain music and it's okay if you do or don't. Would post the quote if I could find it. It's a good one

I've said it before, don't be ashamed of liking ANYTHING. Who gives a fuck?

And what's the point of bashing a band on the internet saying how much you think they suck? Nobody cares or asked about your opinion

I think it comes from the fact that this board, once upon a time was drastically more geared toward punk and independent releases. Over the last several years it became not much more than a place to pick up rehashed major label licenced stuff. Stuff that's incredibly easy to sell. Everyone has a "label" and feels like it's just a lot easier to licence something that was popular at one time and put it out under a different label name.  One stop shop type labels.  Doesn't look like new bands or punk rock or anything get's represented at all here anymore.

No hate, just an observation, I used to post on here in the first few years until all the Virgil shennanigans started happening, and it ended up being nothing but Hot Topic represses and (no offense) but "nostalgic" pop music.  Complete 180 from what the board once was. Probably a lot of OG people still here, that would actually buy new music, and stuff that isn't a sure bet sell. Labels like this are risk free. Step 1. take cd.

Step 2. send cd to get put onto a record and packaged at the plant in one stop shop style

Step 3. Post it on VC at inflated pricing

Profit.

No advertising needed, no need to provide tour support, no need to do band statements, send off for reviews, or getting media coverage etc.  I don't think most people consider stuff like ETR as a label, more as a format changing machine. Turn cds into records. Same with SRC. Take cds, put em on a different format=profit.

Most of the hate probably comes from people that have labels that are ran by people with an appreciation for music, as opposed to easy money and less work.

I just mean, probably 60-70% of threads on here are about bands that I don't have an opinion on or I think blow. I'm not going to pop in those threads just to say that I think the band blows. I mean what's the point? It'd just going to get people riled up....but wait, I forgot this is VC after all

Hey DJ, stop expressing an opinion on a message board.

If you're referring to your own butthurt for being downvoted in this thread, he did express his opinion in more of a logical and objective manner, and less of a 'bash on others' musical tastes' kind of way.

Ugh...should have saved some of my down votes....

if you don't like the band make your own thread!  Heck make a I hate GC thread.

No need to trash talk people on this thread just because they make and or like music other than whatever you like.

Also someone with only 34 posts shouldn't be complaining about how this board isn't like it used to be.

Anyways back on topic guys talk about this release!

grrr... I'm so angry that people like a particular band or song... :angry:

on a side note... picked up 1 of each... got to meet the band during my internship at Y-100 and they could not have been cooler. As far as radio hits go I enjoyed theirs a lot more than most pop singles.