Is it me, or did VC undergo a shift in taste?

moonbeams

There was definitely a point where it felt like every single thread on here was somehow related to The Gaslight Anthem.

Yeah, the beginning. Gaslight was beloved by the Org Core crew. Now they just cling to sink or swim to 59 sound (if at all). I doubt the Sink or Swim PO thread was more than a couple months into the board.

Ha!  I didn't even notice.  I should've recognized the signature, but that Deep Blue username really threw me off.  The best part is that I read the title, quizzically clicked on the topic, read the premise, and thought to myself what a goofy-ass thread.  Moral of the story; trust your gut.

[edit]

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for this topic.  VC wouldn't be the same without you, Moon Beams, and we all know it.

Well, you can judge for yourself. I haven't really posted much over the past 8 months. How's it been here? Improved, I hope.

Wasn't around then but the diversity on the site now is awesome. It's cool how you can find everything from the latest Deathwish band, to something on Captured Tracks or SubPop, to a Rise or Hopeless band, to some small independent band that nobody's heard of on here. Something for everyone, and I think that's always better than being "scene" based.

Wasn't around then but the diversity on the site now is awesome. It's cool how you can find everything from the latest Deathwish band, to something on Captured Tracks or SubPop, to a Rise or Hopeless band, to some small independent band that nobody's heard of on here. Something for everyone, and I think that's always better than being "scene" based.

Speaking of taste....

#TeamFruity or #TeamCocoa?

fruity-pebbles-featuring-john-cena-kyrie

I'd say that both the current Release and S/T/B boards have become less and less relevant to my interests over the years... but only because I'm not listening to the same garbage I was when I was 19.

Browsing new POs, 2008...

vc-old.png

Browsing new POs, 2014...

vc-new.png

No forum for old men.

Yes

Not if the scene that you love is drowned in stuff you don't care about.

Not trying to start shit, just saying this thread is just not for you.

Does it cost money to create a sub forum? (Sarcasm)

Do one for each main genre. Those who dont like it won't be wrapped in a music catch all thread.

But then you get into arbitrary guidelines that people will complain about.  THIS IS IN THE WRONG SECTION, SHOULD BE HERE sort of business.