NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL Box-Set limited to /200, about to sell out

No word that I know of. I imagine it's in the hundreds to thousand range. I wouldn't sleep if you want it. Based on the pictures, it seems to be Version 1 from the recent reissue/ repress/ whateverthehellitwas-some convoluted "these boxes were from BEFORE the one that came out years ago and we just ya know, held on to them. No seriously, we did."

Yeah man, if you've got it that'd be awesome.

And to confirm what everyone else is saying, there is sadly no DL code included in the set for the EPs, 7"es and all that.

I love the band, and I'm glad they're making more of these, but in this day (and especially given the overall cost) there's really no excuse for leaving out a DL. What bums me out is that I'll likely have to either spend money again to get the digital version from Merge when they release it, or end up finding a compiled version from a torrent site. I've resorted to the latter in the past but would prefer a 'clean' version directly from the band.

Digital downloads are just bonus items, labels and bands are not required to include them in releases. You paid for a specific product, why should they have to include a digital version too? Don't get me wrong, I love digital downloads, but I'm not angry or annoyed when they are not included.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this in today. OMG it's gorgeous. I'm was so on the fence about getting it because of how much it was but I'm so thankful I went ahead and bought it. It's hard to justify it until you see it in person...absolutely worth it.

unrelated:

what is your signature?! that's amazing haha

• 3 months later...