xen0m0rph

PO: Green Day - Revolution Radio

255 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, marc32137 said:

Song's pretty good. Getting a lot of Nimrod-ish vibes which is nice.

Fingers crossed for some tour dates today, too.

According to leaked stuff:

 

2 US Tours (Starting 10 Oct) , 1 ASIAN Tour (Starting 18 Nov), 1 UK Tour (Not yet known). No European Tour (besides the UK, of course) planned at the moment. Could still happen.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LL COOL DREW said:

Ordered,  I hope this isn't like Blinks California with  7 different variants. =/

I doubt it will be. They don't usually do a large amount of variants at once, and usually just change the variant per RP as long as their is demand.

My guess is the limited red, then unlimited black. We'll see what happens.

 

//

 

Digging the new song. It's definitely sounding more old school Green Day to me. I can hear a little new school vibe in it, too. What I like is that it's different, but still Green Day. They aren't trying to be something they aren't, or reinvent the wheel, but playing what they like to play. I'm stoked for a new album. Pre-ordered the red. Wish they would add media mail as a delivery option though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I doubt it will be. They don't usually do a large amount of variants at once, and usually just change the variant per RP as long as their is demand.

My guess is the limited red, then unlimited black. We'll see what happens.

 

//

 

Digging the new song. It's definitely sounding more old school Green Day to me. I can hear a little new school vibe in it, too. What I like is that it's different, but still Green Day. They aren't trying to be something they aren't, or reinvent the wheel, but playing what they like to play. I'm stoked for a new album. Pre-ordered the red. Wish they would add media mail as a delivery option though.

Came here when I saw your post expecting top tier shit posts. Can't believe you would want this. Not saying that it's bad or anything against you, just genuinely surprised. Maybe that means it's actually worth listening to the single on lunch hour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Holo said:

Came here when I saw your post expecting top tier shit posts. Can't believe you would want this. Not saying that it's bad or anything against you, just genuinely surprised. Maybe that means it's actually worth listening to the single on lunch hour

I've been listening to Green Day since 1993 (the age of 6). I'll always love them. I grew up on them. I grew up in the Bay Area when they were taking off. They're a part of me, a part of my childhood. People who grew up with American Idiot will never understand the mindset of those who grew up on Kerplunk, and Dookie. It's a whole other band in a sense. I used to have to defend my love of this band to so many people through out the years. Especially back in the AI days; good god, what a nightmare that was. I loved that album, even more these days, actually, but most people these days are a whole different fan (not my cup of tea). I'll always be stoked for some more Green Day. Don't give a fuck what people think. As long as it doesn't sound like 21st CB I'll be happy. But given the sound and vibe of the single, and that I like it, I think this album is gonna be a winner for me. U/D/T were alright. I think there was about one solid album's worth of material between the three (still own them all, along with the demos). But yeah, we'll see what happens. If it sucks, it sucks, and I'll sell it, but I have a good feeling. Only album I don't have is 21st CB cause that album is pure garbage. Every band gets their free pass with me though. Haha. If this new album sucks I still have a shit ton of other material to listen to, so I won't lose any sleep.

TheComebackKid and ChasHawk like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I've been listening to Green Day since 1993 (the age of 6). I'll always love them. I grew up on them. I grew up in the Bay Area when they were taking off. They're a part of me, a part of my childhood. People who grew up with American Idiot will never understand the mindset of those who grew up on Kerplunk, and Dookie. It's a whole other band in a sense. I used to have to defend my love of this band to so many people through out the years. Especially back in the AI days; good god, what a nightmare that was. I loved that album, even more these days, actually, but most people these days are a whole different fan (not my cup of tea). I'll always be stoked for some more Green Day. Don't give a fuck what people think. As long as it doesn't sound like 21st CB I'll be happy. But given the sound and vibe of the single, and that I like it, I think this album is gonna be a winner for me. U/D/T were alright. I think there was about one solid album's worth of material between the three (still own them all, along with the demos). But yeah, we'll see what happens. If it sucks, it sucks, and I'll sell it, but I have a good feeling. Only album I don't have is 21st CB cause that album is pure garbage. Every band gets their free pass with me though. Haha. If this new album sucks I still have a shit ton of other material to listen to, so I won't lose any sleep.

Nah, that's pretty cool. I have some bands I am the same way about. I was more just surprised it's your thing granted the kind of stuff you tend to circlejerk over and your hate for Blonk. I grew up with them too, but I am weird and for me it is Warning>American Idiot>anything else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard Dookie in the car for years since I was a baby, and American Idiot was one of the first full albums I ever listened to independently of my parents' driving music (Dookie, Nevermind, The Colour and the Shape, etc.), then they were one of my first obsessions during my pop punk phase, so GD are kinda important to me in that sense.

 

That being said, I can't expect this album to be good, it probably won't be; I'll still listen to it, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now