shit people say that you can't stand

• 3 weeks later...

Had a buddy in highschool who became infuriated with a mutual friend, when said mutual friend would not stop saying:

"You don't even know."

You could say "No, man, I know.  In fact, I know exactly what you mean." And he would retort:

"No, man. You don't even know! You don't even know!"  With varying degrees of emphasis on each word.

Like, "You don't even know, dude! You don't even know!"

Hahaha I think the only way to get him to stop was to short-circuit him by telling him that he was in fact the one that 'didn't even know.'

Not really anything said but it's irritating as hell when i'm bartending and people bring in their vape pen's blowing these huge obnoxious clouds right in my direction for hours.

Fine then... I was only trying to share... next time I'll blow it in someone else's face, and see if they appreciate my generosity!

Not really anything said but it's irritating as hell when i'm bartending and people bring in their vape pen's blowing these huge obnoxious clouds right in my direction for hours.

A lot of places in my city have a ban on the vapes as well as cigarettes, figure that's the best way

That's really gross and really fucking rude. I vape, but I do it outside and blow the vape upwards. That shit has been in your mouth. You don't blow it in someone's face. People are terrible. 

• 2 months later...

Based on a couple of old threads, this is really starting to get old for me:

"the plural of vinyl is vinyl"

Does anyone still care that much? Initially when I was first getting into vinyl, hearing people say "vinyl" was definitely irritating, but only that - irritating. Now as vinyl gains popularity and more and more people talk and discuss the subject, it's really not that much of an issue at all. For me, anyway. I'd much rather continue a conversation with someone talking about records than stop the conversation to correct them - like there's some cardinal rule against saying "vinyl".

I've always thought it was similar to people talking about "tapes". It's not like cassettes should be referred to in the style of "I got some new tape yesterday", so why does it still matter so much with vinyl? I'm guessing it's the hierarchical thing of "Yes, I know how to correctly refer to a medium because I've been at it for longer/I have more than you".

Had a buddy in highschool who became infuriated with a mutual friend, when said mutual friend would not stop saying:

"You don't even know."

You could say "No, man, I know.  In fact, I know exactly what you mean." And he would retort:

"No, man. You don't even know! You don't even know!"  With varying degrees of emphasis on each word.

Like, "You don't even know, dude! You don't even know!"

Hahaha I think the only way to get him to stop was to short-circuit him by telling him that he was in fact the one that 'didn't even know.'

this reminds me of the aquabats song - pool party.     maybe he took it from there.

"you don't even know, dude! there's gonna be food................"

Based on a couple of old threads, this is really starting to get old for me:

"the plural of vinyl is vinyl"

Does anyone still care that much? Initially when I was first getting into vinyl, hearing people say "vinyl" was definitely irritating, but only that - irritating. Now as vinyl gains popularity and more and more people talk and discuss the subject, it's really not that much of an issue at all. For me, anyway. I'd much rather continue a conversation with someone talking about records than stop the conversation to correct them - like there's some cardinal rule against saying "vinyl".

I've always thought it was similar to people talking about "tapes". It's not like cassettes should be referred to in the style of "I got some new tape yesterday", so why does it still matter so much with vinyl? I'm guessing it's the hierarchical thing of "Yes, I know how to correctly refer to a medium because I've been at it for longer/I have more than you".

It's as simple as knowing the English language.

I'm SURE this has been mentioned, but I'm too lazy to check. Plus, I wouldn't mind repeating the annoyance.

P nice. V nice. YOU SOUND RIDICULOUS.

Lookin at you, :::edited out:::.

Edit: had somebody's username but felt guilty :huh:

I don't know to what you are referring. I've never seen someone write P nice or V nice, nor do I understand in what context it would even be used.

"hipster"

I can't wait tell this word dies off it's such a lazy way to describe people who are different than the conventional norm.

I just talked to a dude today for the first time after a class and he used this word as an adjective when describing the sound of a couple of bands that he was trying to show me on his iPhone music library and he meant it in a positive way.

I was like so awestruck and confused.