Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

New DIIV song

Dig the new single

Preorder is up, this is my favorite of the bunch

Decided to forgo the signed art print and save $15

Frog In Boiling Water Limited Edition Orange Smoke Vinyl - Discord exclusive

Edited by BeerMonger

I like Soul Net but Brown Paper Bag seems a bit sparse for them.  I'm sure i'll dig the rest of the album but I really miss the fast, dancey, dreamy thing they did.  Not really feeling the slowing down and getting heavier thing but hey, it's their band.  Still bought 3 vinyl and a cd haha because fuck me right

On another note, I am shocked that there are still copies of Ozean up. 

36 minutes ago, serotonein said:

I'm not surprised at all - it was just 300 pressed in 2017 but that still reduces how many may want to buy it now. Also, more importantly, $27 for a 3-song 12" is ridiculous.

Yeah.

I almost passed on a 2xLP yesterday because it came out to $40 shipped. Probably would have if I didn't have every album they've put out so far. $30 for an EP is too much.

finally heard the new Ride singles, and they're good!  I'm looking at their site tho, and Rough Trade has 2 iterations of their blue variant for sale.  One of them is limited to 250 with a signed print, is that just the number of signed prints?  Theres another drop down available for blue but it doesn't specify the limitation. 

I tried searching this thread and couldn't seem to come up with anything.  thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Really hoping they have some copies available when they roll through next month but I'm not holding my breath. I'll snag a copy once I have some spare money, $40+ after shipping for an LP is rough

On 2/25/2024 at 8:44 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

finally heard the new Ride singles, and they're good!  I'm looking at their site tho, and Rough Trade has 2 iterations of their blue variant for sale.  One of them is limited to 250 with a signed print, is that just the number of signed prints?  Theres another drop down available for blue but it doesn't specify the limitation. 

I tried searching this thread and couldn't seem to come up with anything.  thanks!

Very late I know, and maybe not much use but may help others in the future. 

RT very often will have some limited things like Signed Print, or lyric sheet. And these are bundled with vinyl and limited to 250, 100 whatever. 99% of the time, the vinyl colour is part of a bigger edition (though often still limited) and the number only applies to the add-on. As you saw, the blue vinyl was also on another drop down. You see it often with them as they are a big shop.

When you see vinyl editions with a figure for that variant, it's usually quite obvious. 

3 minutes ago, Mars said:

Brandon Setta (White Lighters, Oubliette, previously of Nothing) has a new (digital) album out under the name You Wish, mastered by Nick Bassett.  Some of  you will probably be into it.

Also in that vein...and adjacent to Nothing and Whirr...check out Wisp. She does some fuzzed out heavy shoegaze.