ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

I always hated that people got caught up with him. It seems everyone that has worked with him, has got burned in some way and doesn't anymore.

I honestly was more burnt out on the whole Vinyl thing in general and starting my own business building guitar pedals (which is super successful and worth taking a risk on) but yeah, I didn't leave with the best feelings for the situation

to justify a $25 price point for a single LP i think i'd have to be charged a licensing fee of upwards of $6 per record pressed. i've never heard of a fee like that before.

Yeah, that'd be pretty hefty. The rest is likely his profit. And the costs can also jump a lot by doing some of the color effects he does, and gatefolds.

I love how two different people wrote these descriptions on eBay:

This listing is for a SEALED copy of BOTH a cd & dvd from Hrvrd "The inevitable and I" era.  The dvd was previously only available with the 1st pressing of the vinyl lp via the ETR webstore. The dvd is about an hour long and filled with a tour documentary, some live footage and various other stuff from on the road from 2010

This auction is for a SEALED copy of the 2014 rob zombie hellbilly deluxe re-issue on 180 gram 3 color swirl vinyl. This reissue sold out in 2 days and will not be repressed.  I bought two copies and must say that this album looks and sounds amazing. I took a photo of my opener copy to show how cool the record looks.  I was also lucky enough to get a low #, mine came with #14 and #15 stickers which are the lowest ive seen posted so far.  Anyway, I need some money for the holidays so decided to get rid of my extra copy. Please email me with any additional questions or concerns

This is so good. 

Yeah, that'd be pretty hefty. The rest is likely his profit. And the costs can also jump a lot by doing some of the color effects he does, and gatefolds.

i'm not trying to stir shit or anything but just providing some perspective because i've done a couple major label reissues. our acceptance phantoms reissue was $19 and we worked at it to keep the cost low but it's definitely doable. we're doing a 2xLP really soon that isn't even gonna be $25.

Woah. I like themeconspiracy! I was legit interested. I thought they were together but hadn't seen anything on instagramz lately so I was seriously curious.

I don't think anyone put anyone else on blast, just asked a reasonable question. It was clear to me that she was agreeing. It just lends credibility to her agreement that she was personally involved with him.

yeah, i wasnt trying to put her on blast.. i was just confused cause i figured out of anybody that would come out of the woods to defend ross, it would have been her. 

haha no worries guys. i wasn't actually offended, just a little surprised to have that come up. i just didn't want to bring personal stuff into this and derail the topic at hand. 

suffice to say, i agree with what folks in here have been saying. 

i'm not trying to stir shit or anything but just providing some perspective because i've done a couple major label reissues. our acceptance phantoms reissue was $19 and we worked at it to keep the cost low but it's definitely doable. we're doing a 2xLP really soon that isn't even gonna be $25.

Totally, definitely not accusing you of doing so. I appreciate that you're conscious of your pricing too. I really enjoyed the Acceptance reissue, my brother surprised me with it as a b-day gift.

I just remember seeing some of the ETR PO's announced, looking at them and thinking "Well, that could cost less if all the variants weren't splatters." or if the gatefold was axed.

We've fallen privy to that extravagance pitfall as well. But we do our best to make releases affordable while maximizing the profit we donate to charity.

Totally, definitely not accusing you of doing so. I appreciate that you're conscious of your pricing too. I really enjoyed the Acceptance reissue, my brother surprised me with it as a b-day gift.

I just remember seeing some of the ETR PO's announced, looking at them and thinking "Well, that could cost less if all the variants weren't splatters." or if the gatefold was axed.

We've fallen privy to that extravagance pitfall as well. But we do our best to make releases affordable while maximizing the profit we donate to charity.

yeah i feel that. it's easy to get wrapped up in fancy vinyl things and wind up costing yourself a boatload of money. what we try to consider is like, "does Thing X provide an obvious bump in value?" if you follow me. like, a screen-printed B-side is a thing that obviously costs extra, and any vinyl buyer knows this – is that worth bumping a record up in price from say $12 to $14? probably yes. but i can't bump my price up a couple bucks for a splatter variant and feel good about that as a label owner because as a customer i wouldn't be stoked on that.

Remember that time Topshelf Records pressed The Jazz June's The Medicine?  2xLP, coloured vinyl (both LP's were a different colour) super thick gatefold, glossy printed inner sleeves, on a run of only 500 for $20?

I REMEMBER.

pepperidge-farm-remembers.jpg

Yeah, also that sounds ​fucking phenomenal.