VINYLFRAME on Kickstarter - Solid Wood Frames to Store, Display and Organize

While most on this board hate the idea of record "frames", I actually semi-like this particular execution and don't think it is necessarily deserving of the automatic writing-off by the community just because it was dubbed a "frame". While I have no intention of getting one at this point, these seem to be more for the purpose of displaying the album artwork while allowing you to actively have access to the album to play it. I don't see how this is any different than having a ledge or holder for the sleeve of your currently spinning record. At least these enable for easily obtaining access to the vinyl itself for actual use and for displaying the artwork. Not a fan of the vinyl frames I've seen but these ones are the best and most functional ones I've come across.

Anyway, no one cares what I think so keep the gifs coming.

While I have no intention of getting one at this point, these seem to be more for the purpose of displaying the album artwork while allowing you to actively have access to the album to play it. I don't see how this is any different than having a ledge or holder for the sleeve of your currently spinning record.

Anyway, no one cares what I think so keep the gifs coming.

The difference between this and a ledge, etc. is that sliding something in and out between two pieces of something is much more likely to cause wear/damage. Plus to slide it out, I'd guess most people are putting their greasy fingers all over the cover. I know we "just care about the music" but if my cover is in nice shape I like to keep it looking nice.

Frames. No.

I wouldn't be completely against having 3 of the single holders across the wall above my turntable because when I get new records I just throw them against the side of my speaker for 3 weeks until I organize them onto my shelves, however, that's like $96 dropped on something I definitely don't need that wouldn't necessarily make my life easier. This isn't the worst "frame" I've seen, but a cheaper plastic or particle board option would probably make this more appealing to me.

I wouldn't be completely against having 3 of the single holders across the wall above my turntable because when I get new records I just throw them against the side of my speaker for 3 weeks until I organize them onto my shelves, however, that's like $96 dropped on something I definitely don't need that wouldn't necessarily make my life easier. This isn't the worst "frame" I've seen, but a cheaper plastic or particle board option would probably make this more appealing to me.

That is totally fair Rambo.  We know we're not the most economical choice, but like I mentioned we just weren't happy with the quality of the cheaper plastic frames that were out there.  

Justin and I both have records that were passed down from our parents and we wanted to be able to do the same thing with our frames.  It takes us quite a while to make these by hand but we didn't want to outsource to overseas production.  Hopefully in the future we can get the gear we need to produce at a lower cost.

Thanks anyway for checking us out.