Record Store Day 2016

My store had some of the side by side 7inch releases at 12.99 and some at 18.99 part of the gouging has to be the labels. Also, it depends on which distributor they get the releases from. My store gets rsd releases from at lease 2 distributors and as a result some of the records are priced cheaper than others. For example they has about 6 copies of the Matthew Sweet Goodfriend album. 2 were priced at 32.99 and the others we marked at 34.99. Different distributor, different price.

SRC had a bunch of the Skeleton Dance 10"....it came out. What stores get seems to be a crapshoot....when I asked about the NOFX 7" they said they didn't get any and thought it wasn't ready. I went to the next store and they got a few - there were still 2 about an hour after opening.

It all adds to the hype/confusion of the day.

Something must be up with the Requiem OST. Vintage Vinyl is probably the biggest record store in NJ and they didn't even get a single copy in according to their staff. No way that happens with a pressing of 5,000.

Agreed, was very surprised to not see this on any leftover lists. 5000 doesn't seem right.

Does anybody have any leads on a Pinback? I highly appreciate it. It was the only thing I really wanted this year.

Anyone local to a Bullmoose may be able to help you out. If BMoose can locate one in another location, they will ship it to the store of your request. I can't do it because they only allow you to buy 1 copy of each RSD LP, and my Pinback is ready for me to pick up

Anyone local to a Bullmoose may be able to help you out. If BMoose can locate one in another location, they will ship it to the store of your request. I can't do it because they only allow you to buy 1 copy of each RSD LP, and my Pinback is ready for me to pick up

Thank you. I'm located in central California so i dont know if anybody would be willing to help me out then want to ship it. Of course id be willing to pay for all the hassle.

I was told by a local shop that their distributor told them some labels did not fill their entire orders. Sounds like some releases ended up with significantly less copies out there than planned. I found it interesting that 3 out of 4 shops I contacted didn't get ANY pinback copies. It also may be that some shipments just didn't make it there before RSD. Keep checking places near you today and tomorrow, maybe some stuff will show up.

My local shop didn't get any copies of Pinbak so I didn't go to record store day. It was a very important album to me when I was younger so I caved and bought one on ebay for $50. I'm not sure what the retail price was but I'm guessing around $25. I figure the time I saved by not waiting in line is worth more than $20-30. I used that time to play The Division all morning. I feel guilty giving into the flippers though.

Over here a few stores got a second go at some things, my local guy told me that the labels and distributors send out lists after the day and you have to be quick but some of it is what they hold back as replacements for returns and they figure they can let them go by the first few days of the following week.

Over here a few stores got a second go at some things, my local guy told me that the labels and distributors send out lists after the day and you have to be quick but some of it is what they hold back as replacements for returns and they figure they can let them go by the first few days of the following week.

One of my local stores said Universal were sending more stuff out this week which means more Orb and Mike Oldfield amongst others.

$25.99

The cost on the ODB was around $21 so that a pretty good deal.

Sounds like record stores' prices on this were all over the map on this release.  This is the cheapest I've heard, based on most of what else I've read, they were being sold for $30-$35.  Which was the price I paid, plus a hefty shipping fee of almost $10.  Domestic shipping too, unfortunately it was still the best price available.  An idiotic purchase at that price, but I had the Return To 36 Chambers: Dirty Version back in '96, played the hell out of it, love that album.  And Dirty.  Such a unique, funny character.  Had to do it.  But probably should've been patient & waited a few weeks, can only imagine the prices falls eventually, like most do.