Sigur Ros - ATTA LP

12 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

The first song they released was boring as fuck. Hoping the album is good. I think I’ll grab the red.

According to this article it mentions, "In a press release, Jónsi said that the band found themselves 'just wanting to have minimal drums and for the music to be really sparse, floaty and beautiful.'" So your odds aren't great haha. 

That being said, I'm very excited to hear this. I've always appreciated their mellow ambient tracks just as much has the big heavy ones. 

1 minute ago, wiscodeman said:

According to this article it mentions, "In a press release, Jónsi said that the band found themselves 'just wanting to have minimal drums and for the music to be really sparse, floaty and beautiful.'" So your odds aren't great haha. 

That being said, I'm very excited to hear this. I've always appreciated their mellow ambient tracks just as much has the big heavy ones. 

I’m sure I’ll still enjoy it a bit but that is a major bummer to me personally. I’ll always enjoy the louder and more dynamic Sigur Rós over the Valtari sounding stuff. I love this band either way and have been anticipating a new release for a long time. 

17 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I’m sure I’ll still enjoy it a bit but that is a major bummer to me personally. I’ll always enjoy the louder and more dynamic Sigur Rós over the Valtari sounding stuff. I love this band either way and have been anticipating a new release for a long time. 

Same boat for me.  People who've heard the leak have compared it way more to Valtari which means this one's gonna' be a nice chill-out, late-night / early morning kinda' spin for me.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Same boat for me.  People who've heard the leak have compared it way more to Valtari which means this one's gonna' be a nice chill-out, late-night / early morning kinda' spin for me.

Can’t wait to smoke some bud and drift off to sleep tonight with this as the soundtrack, if I can find the leak on soulseek. 

1 hour ago, 1876records said:

the older I get, I think Valtari might be my favorite record of theirs. I never thought I’d be this way

I think the first time I heard anything from Valtari was when I saw the scene from It’s Always Sunny where Mac comes out to his dad. What a powerful scene. That might be my favorite album too, but AB thru Takk all get a lot of plays for me as well! 

1 hour ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

This is a band whose first album is a favorite album of all time for me and they’ve never been able to completely match that magic.  Doesn’t appear they will on this new LP either

Are you talking about Von? Because that's by far my least favorite album of theirs. Very little magic there for me. Everything since has has infinitely more magic.

37 minutes ago, ntslash said:

Are you talking about Von? Because that's by far my least favorite album of theirs. Very little magic there for me. Everything since has has infinitely more magic.

Agaetis Byrjun and () are two phenomenal records. I was never super crazy about Takk... and fell off listening to them after that. I loved the single I heard from this album though, so I may revisit some other albums.

10 hours ago, ntslash said:

No I’m talking about Agaetis Byrjun.  Sorry.  I’m also not a fan of Von which is why I always forget it’s their actual first album.  

I also feel like I don’t give Takk enough credit

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

Oh man. Takk… into Glósóli is one of the greatest openers of all time. Sæglópur (favorite SR song) and Gong are wonderful too. I’d kill for a Takk… 2.0.

I listened to about half of the new album on my way to work this morning and enjoyed it. I’m excited to blast it at home when I get some alone time soon. 

AB, (  ), Takk  is a tough run to beat.  Valtari was a bit of a let down first listen, (the shock of mellow/ambient), but it was a grower that only took 4 or 5 listens to really gel -- it's sublime in the best possible way. Saw them live on the massive Kveikur tour. With old Kjartan back, I'm very optimistic - he is an absolutely brilliant song writer. Down for the Clear. 

No vinyl orders for many months, now this, cursetheknife... and new Slowdive coming soon. $$$ budget kaboom.