How much would you pay to own the only piece of music you would ever have?

eleste

Hi music lovers,

I’m a sophomore student, conducting a research project on the value of music. While music is not a physical object that can be tangibly owned like a fine art piece, I am still curious to know how much you would be willing to pay for a piece of music if you could. Of course, it will vary depending on your personal taste as to which artists or genres you like, but I’m hoping to get a general sense of what people think. If you have a few minutes, please take a look at the link below and leave a response. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Link to survey

Thanks in advance!

Honestly, not much at all.  At the end of the day, this shit isn’t that important compared most other things people have going on in their lives.  If I was told I had to sell my whole collection tomorrow, I’d be extremely bummed, sure.  But I imagine I’d move on to something else pretty quickly.

Haha music is a physical object, that is exactly why this forum exists, and it is in some ways very similar to collecting, say, fine art prints or collectible toys.

Anyway, if you want a meaningful answer don't poll a small sample of randos on a forum. Look at Discogs instead to see how much people are actually paying for music (which in some instances can be in the thousands of dollars).

Edited by ParallelofDeath

6 hours ago, N8TRU said:

I still can't understand what you're asking and your survey is asking about jazz so I'm only more confused now.

Also, big reach thinking people are familiar with…Kali Malone?  Not sure what you’re going to get from this survey.  I’m sorry to inform you that you are going to flunk.

40 minutes ago, ntslash said:

I thought you said Karl Malone at first. I know the mailman. 

Actual piece of shit, Karl "The Mailman" Malone? The one who raped a 13 year old girl and then never acknowledged the son she had from it until the son himself was an NFL player? The same Karl Malone who never paid her a dime of child support despite being a successful NBA player?

Yeah. I know of him.

1 hour ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Actual piece of shit, Karl "The Mailman" Malone? The one who raped a 13 year old girl and then never acknowledged the son she had from it until the son himself was an NFL player? The same Karl Malone who never paid her a dime of child support despite being a successful NBA player?

Yeah. I know of him.

Ok.  My knowledge of Karl Malone is limited to watching him play basketball when I was a kid.  Kali Malone is pretty great on the other hand.  This now a fuck Karl Malone thread.  Fuck that guy.

Edited by Prestonlanes

11 minutes ago, Prestonlanes said:

Ok.  My knowledge of Karl Malone is limited to watching him play basketball when I was a kid.  Kali Malone is pretty great on the other hand.  This now a fuck Karl Malone thread.  Fuck that guy.

I just used to love Karl Malone (as a baller) until I found out what a garbage person he is, so I like to spread it around.