Interscope Vinyl Collective

jhulud

1 minute ago, MyEnemy said:

Love this. The boards resident flipper actually has a heart.

How many months rent have you made off Marilyn Manson boots?

I don't think I have ever owned a single Manson record.  I was a fan about 25 years ago, but that phase of my life has long passed.  So sorry never sold anything Manson.  Now I have sold off most of my Brand New records.  I get that its hard to be a fan of something that is vey problematic now.  I also have several Wander Franco cards that are now probably trash....But yeah IMO there is a big difference between getting rid of something you already have then spending money that would continue to go directly to these probablamatic characters. 

20 hours ago, stl_ben said:

No one should be spending any money that goes to Marilyn Manson......

I don't really care what he did or didn't do(allegations or otherwise). Never did. I really like what he did in the 90s. I still listen very often. His band kinda fell off my radar after those times. I moved on to a more broader range of genres after those times. I tend to think what I value more are the memories I had from those periods of time. I don't support abuse. I find it ridiculous that I, or anyone else should be blamed for supporting anyone that abused anyone else just for liking the music I/we listened to decades ago. The recording industry is a dirty business and they know it. There's blood all over the music we listen to. Whether intentionally or unintentionally. We are the victims

1 hour ago, faaip de oiad said:

I don't support abuse. I find it ridiculous that I, or anyone else should be blamed for supporting anyone that abused anyone else just for liking the music I/we listened to decades ago. The recording industry is a dirty business and they know it. There's blood all over the music we listen to. Whether intentionally or unintentionally. We are the victims

No one is saying you support it by liking something in the past.  But giving that artist money now would be.

Actual update: /2500. These will fly, I'm sure. 

https://fb.watch/nnlIoVKoMR/?mibextid=2nbtrn

Link sucks. Here's FB post text: "Interscope Vinyl Collective presents Dr. Dre's – “The Chronic” 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition. Individually numbered. Limited to 2,500 units. Alternate black cover with foil printing featuring Chronic green vinyl."

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

https://thechronicmasters.interscope.com/products/the-session-tapes-floating-wall-shelf

Someone took the Tool Masterclass on Merch

$1250 for a shelf made of plywood and aluminum panels

Five-sided archival UV-cured print on varnished HD aluminum panels and fixed to a painted plywood. Comes complete with optional ready to hang hardware, or can be displayed free standing.

2 hours ago, roadmonkey said:

https://thechronicmasters.interscope.com/products/the-session-tapes-floating-wall-shelf

Someone took the Tool Masterclass on Merch

$1250 for a shelf made of plywood and aluminum panels

I got an e-mail about this too, saw the price and was like WTF?  Didn't even know they were doing collabs like this.  Then I clicked on the link because I noticed this was "drop 2", so if you click on the link to drop 1, you'll see they had similar items and *every* single item is sold out.  Like seriously?  Who wants a poster of a reel-to-reel tape limited to 92 copies?  For $150.  I don't understand collecting anymore I guess.  

On 9/29/2023 at 9:00 PM, Fowty Dollaz said:

Actual update: /2500. These will fly, I'm sure. 

https://fb.watch/nnlIoVKoMR/?mibextid=2nbtrn

Link sucks. Here's FB post text: "Interscope Vinyl Collective presents Dr. Dre's – “The Chronic” 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition. Individually numbered. Limited to 2,500 units. Alternate black cover with foil printing featuring Chronic green vinyl."

Considering the price for the other merch around this release, I would expect this reissue to be at least $80

1 hour ago, roadmonkey said:

Considering the price for the other merch around this release, I would expect this reissue to be at least $80

I wouldn't be shocked.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

0% chance its $80

I mean, it's "super limited" and it comes with a $49 slipmat (based on the other merch). I wouldn't say "0%"

The items from that other release are completely seperate from the Interscope Vinyl Collective, that comes from a high end art gallery and is in line with how they price everything.  This is the start to a new subscription series that they are going to want people to sign up for.  No other vinyl service (that I'm aware of) starts their pricing at $80 for a single monthly LP.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

The items from that other release are completely seperate from the Interscope Vinyl Collective, that comes from a high end art gallery and is in line with how they price everything.  This is the start to a new subscription series that they are going to want people to sign up for.  No other vinyl service (that I'm aware of) starts their pricing at $80 for a single monthly LP.

But it's got foil!

• 4 weeks later...

https://interscope.com/pages/interscope-vinyl-collective

$45.00 per month

Dr. Dre's – “The Chronic” 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition. Individually numbered. Limited to 2,500 units. Alternate black cover with foil printing featuring Chronic green vinyl. Exclusively available to Interscope Vinyl Collective members.

Sign up now for $45/month through 2/29/24. Beginning March 1, 2024, monthly Subscription prices will increase to $48/month for new and existing subscribers. Subscriptions are subject to terms and conditions.

Update:

Shipping Is Free for US Customers.. Tax isn't
soo $48 montly after taxes for me,

not going to pull the trigger as I don't need this one. but if they come out with something I may want later, I may bite.

Edited by roadmonkey

• jhulud changed the title to Interscope Vinyl Collective