PO: Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

Pretty sure this is the first time in my life I have been sick of an artist I really like. Tired of seeing her in the news, tired of seeing her on TV, tired of ridiculous marketing gimmicks. I just want to listen to the music.

Hear ye hear ye. 
I’ve been feeling like that for quite a bit now. It’s exhausting to be a fan and I’m staring to resent her & be annoyed. If that makes me not a Swiftie anymore, so be it. 

34 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

I feel like she's taking advantage of her fans by doing this - knowing that they'll drop 100s of dollars every time.

Almost as if all pop(ular) music is carefully constructed to do exactly this. There has never been any real emotion in Taylor's music and I think the whole "hueh hueh I r metal guy who lieks Taylor aren't I quirky?" deal was the fucking strangest happy coincidence for her and her management.

We should make showers the next quirky weird thing to fuck the man. Until they get too popular of course.

14 hours ago, Shelby said:

Almost as if all pop(ular) music is carefully constructed to do exactly this. There has never been any real emotion in Taylor's music and I think the whole "hueh hueh I r metal guy who lieks Taylor aren't I quirky?" deal was the fucking strangest happy coincidence for her and her management.

We should make showers the next quirky weird thing to fuck the man. Until they get too popular of course.

I really disliked TS until Folklore. That album really changed my opinion. This is nothing new for me. My old ass bought the Physical album by Olivia Newton-John when it first came out. I listened to that right along with my copy of Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables. Have never given a fuck about what genre I was supposed to like.

1 hour ago, andrewlucas said:

Wait, so there are entire pressings with different bonus tracks?

Yeah, and now there are three of them!

While I hate most of the marketing/rollout for this, I actually do like the fact that she hasn't released any songs from it yet. I just got the new Middle Kids record, and I love it, but 5 or the 11 songs were released as singles over the last 8 months, so only half the record was "new" to me. I think I might avoid any early streaming songs from this TS record, then go buy the record at Target on release day, and then listen to the whole album as a complete unknown.

Seems like every time they end the "limited preorder" of another version, they put up The Manuscript version again, which was only supposed to be available for that limited time.  Canceled that order. It would be really funny if that one ended up being the one that wasn't available everywhere later. Consumer games galore.

39 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Seems like every time they end the "limited preorder" of another version, they put up The Manuscript version again, which was only supposed to be available for that limited time.  Canceled that order. It would be really funny if that one ended up being the one that wasn't available everywhere later. Consumer games galore.

Not sure what version of the manuscript you’re talking about but if it’s the deluxe cd that isn’t up again.   That is the only version of the manuscript that was limited. 

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

The Manuscript version is the regular edition of the album.

2 hours ago, Leprekon said:

Not sure what version of the manuscript you’re talking about but if it’s the deluxe cd that isn’t up again.   That is the only version of the manuscript that was limited. 

The name of this website would suggest that I am talking about the record. I seem to remember a countdown timer on the site when Manuscript version first went up. Maybe I am mistaken.

3 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

The name of this website would suggest that I am talking about the record. I seem to remember a countdown timer on the site when Manuscript version first went up. Maybe I am mistaken.

Manuscript the timer was ONLY for the Deluxe Edition cd which was limited only.  The Bolter & The Albatross for vinyl, cd, deluxe cd & cassette were all limited for 72 hrs as well.  The Manuscript vinyl,  standard cd and tape cassette is the only versions not limited.   This was the same as how 1989 TV went on her store.