The Walking Dead

mcm1610

• 3 months later...

As much I don't want them to, I can see them having the conflict be entirely internal for the whole season, like they did with season 2. It seems like they're gonna have Morgan play a much larger role than he had in the comics, which I think is great. He's such a strong character in the show, unlike the comics.

As much I don't want them to, I can see them having the conflict be entirely internal for the whole season, like they did with season 2. It seems like they're gonna have Morgan play a much larger role than he had in the comics, which I think is great. He's such a strong character in the show, unlike the comics.

If I've learned anything from last season, it's that you can't guess how they're going to pace things. I would have expected the shipping container situation at Terminus to stretch for a number of episodes but it was over in like 10 minutes.

I think they heard the groaning over how slow Season 2 moved and Scott Gimple is trying to keep things a little more lively.

• 1 month later...

I think the spinoff premieres tonight. Not sure how it will reflect on the show, but the name is lame. They could have at least put a colon in there, Fear: The Walking Dead. or maybe since it documents the early stages of the outbreak, "The crawling dead", “the stumbling dead”, “the lurching dead” – better yet “the rising dead” etc.  Or switch the name around "The dead that walk." Or back with the colon theme "Additional Advertisement Revenue: The Walking Dead. 

Such a painstakingly slow premier. The concept for this spinoff sounded great but even in a world full of people this show drags like the original. I was under the impression this would be more action oriented but there's less than 10 minutes of anything exhilarating in this entire episode. The characters are also very unlikable and overly dramatic.

Such a painstakingly slow premier. The concept for this spinoff sounded great but even in a world full of people this show drags like the original. I was under the impression this would be more action oriented but there's less than 10 minutes of anything exhilarating in this entire episode. The characters are also very unlikable and overly dramatic.

I'm not going to hold that against it. A lot of character development and the guy playing nick (who looks like a Brandon Lee/Johnny Depp hybrid) did a great job. I think, hopefully, it will pick up when people realize what's going on and the government isn't ready, all hell will break loose

I liked it.

As did I.

I'm not going to hold that against it. A lot of character development and the guy playing nick (who looks like a Brandon Lee/Johnny Depp hybrid) did a great job. I think, hopefully, it will pick up when people realize what's going on and the government isn't ready, all hell will break loose

He was the most inconsistent character in that entire episode. They introduced him as a sassy drug addict who hates the world, 40 minutes later he's crying into a drug dealers arms and asking his mom for help.

I'm hopeful it'll pick up quick but they advertised this show like it was going to be an all out disaster, instead it's paced exactly like main show. I don't want to jump the gun but it seems like they're building up the characters to keep them around for a while, at least in the main show there's a looming sense of danger and an understanding that any character is disposable.

Someone else used that as an excuse for him on another board and that just seems like lazy character building to force the viewer to like a him.

Look, if you're into TWD you're going to defend this regardless. I just wish they didn't advertise it like it was going to take a more intense and quick approach to the outbreak when it's basically the original show with less interesting characters.