Would it have been too logical to allow Vault members to order the live 45 online? I mean, I know the point of RSD is to get people in stores, but this particular release doesn't really fit the bill since you could only but it in one specific store, anyway, and it's not like they need much help getting a line out the door like some second-hand record shops.

Also, they could have kept it limited to existing Vault members so there wouldn't be a mad rush to sign up just for this single. Like a little "member surprise."

I guess that would have made too many people happy...

I'm on the edge of caving and getting Vault Package #20.. Only one week left to subscribe for it btw!

I have a question though: since the subscription automatically renews, will I know what the next package is before I have the opportunity to opt out? I don't want to get roped into paying for something I won't want..

Might be a dumb question because I couldn't see the label doing that to people, but I just want to make sure.

I bought the Neil Young LP before the box set was announced. It's really cool, but i'm a huge Neil Young fan. I wish they would have offered the 'audiophile' version as a stand alone, or just packaged it together as a double LP. $100+ is a lot of money, especially for 12 tracks, and  2 other tracks on the seventh 6 inch record.

I bought the Neil Young LP before the box set was announced. It's really cool, but i'm a huge Neil Young fan. I wish they would have offered the 'audiophile' version as a stand alone, or just packaged it together as a double LP. $100+ is a lot of money, especially for 12 tracks, and  2 other tracks on the seventh 6 inch record.

You can save $30+ if you order the box off Amazon Canada

If your renewal date is after they have announced the next package then you will be able to cancel. The package is usually announced a month before subscription closes so if you sign up now, the next package will have been announced by your renewal date.

But what if our renewal date is before they announce the next one?  I signed up and paid the day that #20 was announced.