Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Anyone ever go to the rolling record store? Is it worth it?

Yeah, it has been a year or two since I’ve been. In the past they will usually have an item or two that is harder to come by (limited variant release, tri-color, etc.) The will usually have 3-10 each of that limited item, then just the standard variant of popular items. Sometimes those limited items are past record store day releases, so not that big of a deal either. So, to answer your question, if you want to go for something you can’t buy on the web store any day of the week, I would suggest being there early to queue. 

Edited by kas1985
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Anyone ever go to the rolling record store? Is it worth it?

tldr: Unless they have announced that they will have an exclusive release (for which you will have to arrive early) or you care about truck-themed merch, it’s not worth going out of your way. 

I’ve been three times, all in NYC. 

First was early days, for the Colbert single release. Got the tri-color and some exclusive truck-themed merch (exciting at the time). 

Second was for the Public Nuisance triple-deckers.

Third was last week at Rough Trade. They didn’t seem to have any exclusives (nothing hyped on social media or truck signage, though possible they quietly had something that sold out). Probably why lines weren’t crazy. Swank mentioned before the show that they were selling a new Racs shirt, but think it was just the Classic “R” shirt they are also selling online. No other notable Racs stuff on the menu. Webstore is much better stocked for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 8:45 PM, bigdz68 said:

So any subscribers going to tear up their covers to look underneath? I will probably destroy mine just to see it in my hands. 

I took mine off this morning — it wasn't even glued on that strongly. There are obvious glue lines on the left and right hand sides of the cover but the two middle lines came off with nearly no damage. I love the alternate cover, I think it's super-clever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://theraconteurs.bandcamp.com/album/help-us-stranger

 

FLASH SALE! Limited edition green ‘Help Us Stranger’ cassettes are available until 11:30pm ET tonight only via our Bandcamp.  Each comes with an instant digital download of the new record. These are never to be made again. Get them while you can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:55 AM, fondfarewell said:

tldr: Unless they have announced that they will have an exclusive release (for which you will have to arrive early) or you care about truck-themed merch, it’s not worth going out of your way. 

I’ve been three times, all in NYC. 

First was early days, for the Colbert single release. Got the tri-color and some exclusive truck-themed merch (exciting at the time). 

Second was for the Public Nuisance triple-deckers.

Third was last week at Rough Trade. They didn’t seem to have any exclusives (nothing hyped on social media or truck signage, though possible they quietly had something that sold out). Probably why lines weren’t crazy. Swank mentioned before the show that they were selling a new Racs shirt, but think it was just the Classic “R” shirt they are also selling online. No other notable Racs stuff on the menu. Webstore is much better stocked for that.

I was at Rough Trade and Babys for the RRS.  Got a test press promo copy of Hey Gyp, De Stijl 2010 Repress on Red/White half and half (pretty rare) and the Cass Corridore Stooges S/T on Yellow with the screen printed cover at RT and White Stripes S/t on Red/White half and half (also very rare), 2009 Single series, and the Racontwoers live at third man on blue black split at Babys.  I would say it was 100% worth it for those exclusives alone.  The RRS swag is pretty cool too (grabbed a slipmat). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Freeman Street Records said:

I was at Rough Trade and Babys for the RRS.  Got a test press promo copy of Hey Gyp, De Stijl 2010 Repress on Red/White half and half (pretty rare) and the Cass Corridore Stooges S/T on Yellow with the screen printed cover at RT and White Stripes S/t on Red/White half and half (also very rare), 2009 Single series, and the Racontwoers live at third man on blue black split at Babys.  I would say it was 100% worth it for those exclusives alone.  The RRS swag is pretty cool too (grabbed a slipmat). 

I stand corrected! They were not promoting any of that on truck signage, so I had no idea. Obviously paid off to stand in line and ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with the Racs going #1, does anyone here know how the “every ticket includes a copy of the album” business factors into that? Obviously they aren’t the only ones to do this, but do those copies juice sales numbers?

Presumably thousands of copies were “sold” with tickets for the tour, with it being a duplicate copy for many ticket buyers (I personally have four copies of this album across Vault, Rough Trade and tickets). 

Just curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×