The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

So I'm super late to this but can this still be purchased? The cool variants like this one? and does anyone have a pic of the others?

It goes on sale June 11 I think. The pictured variant is randomly inserted. There are two covers, one comes with black vinyl and the pictured variant inserted randomly, the other is amber colored /1000

Edit: http://blog.mondotees.com/2014/04/29/jurassic-park-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/

Here is a quick FAQ, you can link to this post every couple pages as people inevitably ask the same questions over and over. You can link directly to it here: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/83343-mondo-records-thread/page-221#entry1882195

Let me know if I missed anything. 

Q: When does this go on sale?

A: At a random time on June 11th. Typically that random time is between 11:30am and Noon EST.

Q: How do I get the Dilophosaurus version?

A: Version A is black with a triple color variant, the Dilophosaurus. There is no way to guarantee whether you get the colored or the black, the colored variant is randomly inserted. Mondo has suggested that variants make up 1/3 of the total run. You've got a 33% chance if you order one copy, obviously you chance becomes higher when you order two. 

Q: So should I order two and sell the other?

A: If you want. I can tell you from experience ordering 2 does not gaurantee a variant, though mathematically speaking it should greatly improve your odds. Keep in mind for most releases the black version will not sell for much on eBay, often under retail for the months following a release. 

Q: How do I get the Amber version?

If you are after the Amber variant (Version B) that will probably be available online in more limited quantities. It will not be randomly inserted and will be listed as a unique SKU on the website. So long as it is in stock you can order it and not have to worry about randomly inserted mumbo jumbo. 

Past experience suggests that Amber will be available first to Austin residents with the remainder hitting the website at the same time as version A. This has not been made explicit by Mondo so it is an educated guess.

This is will sell out much faster than version A. That is also an educated guess. 

Q: How many can I order?

A: Usually two copies per order, there is no limit on the amount of orders you can place. I think they have limited LPs to one per order in the past so they may do that with Version B. I doubt they'll do that with Version A.

Q: How long will this take to ship?

A: Probably not faster than a week and probably not longer than a month.

Q: I don't want to pay $7 in shipping, can I get this locally or somewhere else online?

A: No. This release is exclusive through the Mondo website.

Q: Why are you presenting opinion as fact?

A: I tried to avoid that. Fuck off. 

Bringing this back for good measure.

Guest deleted

Am I the only one who hates this thread now? So much repetition of questions. All the answers can be easily found on the mondo blog.

Similar to what I've been suggesting for some time now... All answers could also be found in a thread dedicated to each release with the 1st post updated by OP. Same way it has been done for years at VC until one wise-guy suggested a catch-all Mondo thread and then everyone's been forced to use it.

Not a fan of ANY of any the catch-all threads (e.g., Captured Tracks, Amphetamine Reptile, etc.). Unless you check the thread EVERY time it is bumped, you can easily miss a release or info you might have wanted (See the guy make a Gravity OST thread months after its release?).

Although I know that a lot of serious music/soundtrack lovers do visit the Mondo thread, I have always considered these "catch-alls" complete FANBOY threads.

The Mondo thread, in particular, is the worst offender for glossing over both the artist name and the musical content. Individual threads, rather than catch-alls, actually give tribute and recognition to the artist by having her/his name in the thread title. It also makes the search function possible (which is not functional within the Mondo thread) and drastically reduces the need for repetitive questions. These types of repetitive questions will only get worse as the number of releases and number of posts in the catch all threads grow for years and years to come. This frustrates the regular visitors to the thread (see andrewlucas quoted above) and doesn't help people who don't check-in regularly. Catch-all threads benefit no one.

Still, a small handful of Mondo thread regulars feel the need to protect the new status quo for some unknown reason. It's like it costs money or too much bandwidth to create a new individual release thread outside of the Mondo one. They can't and won't leave it alone. Jefferson Howell and Whip Wilson recently even twisted my words and made up lies/inaccuracies/attacks just because I made a Mondo release thread (The Visitor) outside of this catch-all. This same type of attack doesn't happen when an individual thread is made outside of other catch-all threads (e.g., Captured Tracks / Mac Demarco Salad Days). It seems that there is room for both threads with other label releases, but not Mondo's? For some reason the Mondo trolls NEED you to post only within the Mondo catch-all. Not sure what their agenda is.

Similar to what I've been suggesting for some time now... All answers could also be found in a thread dedicated to each release with the 1st post updated by OP. Same way it has been done for years at VC until one wise-guy suggested a catch-all Mondo thread and then everyone's been forced to use it.

Not a fan of ANY of any the catch-all threads (e.g., Captured Tracks, Amphetamine Reptile, etc.). Unless you check the thread EVERY time it is bumped, you can easily miss a release or info you might have wanted (See the guy make a Gravity OST thread months after its release?).

Although I know that a lot of serious music/soundtrack lovers do visit the Mondo thread, I have always considered these "catch-alls" complete FANBOY threads.

The Mondo thread, in particular, is the worst offender for glossing over both the artist name and the musical content. Individual threads, rather than catch-alls, actually give tribute and recognition to the artist by having her/his name in the thread title. It also makes the search function possible (which is not functional within the Mondo thread) and drastically reduces the need for repetitive questions. These types of repetitive questions will only get worse as the number of releases and number of posts in the catch all threads grow for years and years to come. This frustrates the regular visitors to the thread (see andrewlucas quoted above) and doesn't help people who don't check-in regularly. Catch-all threads benefit no one.

Still, a small handful of Mondo thread regulars feel the need to protect the new status quo for some unknown reason. It's like it costs money or too much bandwidth to create a new individual release thread outside of the Mondo one. They can't and won't leave it alone. Jefferson Howell and Whip Wilson recently even twisted my words and made up lies/inaccuracies/attacks just because I made a Mondo release thread (The Visitor) outside of this catch-all. This same type of attack doesn't happen when an individual thread is made outside of other catch-all threads (e.g., Captured Tracks / Mac Demarco Salad Days). It seems that there is room for both threads with other label releases, but not Mondo's? For some reason the Mondo trolls NEED you to post only within the Mondo catch-all. Not sure what their agenda is.

it's just a piece of plastic, bro.

I prefer catch-all threads since they leave real estate for a variety of interests on the front page. If Waxworks, Death Waltz and Mondo all had dedicated threads for releases it could get pretty soundtrack heavy quick, which might not be interesting to the majority of folks roaming around. 

At any rate, keep making the individual threads if people find it helpful. Like I said, at first I thought it was comically redundant and you've got a history of flat jokes. It didn't occur to me that you were providing a legitimate service. Keep fighting the good fight (... against me!).