The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Or it could mean labels like Mondo stepping out of the vinyl business altogether.

the business was fine without them for years. but whatever it's clear that these boutique labels and releases are not meant for music purists. I don't want to make you guys feel bad about what you spend your money on (cause believe me I've spent plenty on releases missing from my collection), but when a small label is able to get away with charging $70 for a 2LP set it setting a bad standard I think.

the business was fine without them for years. but whatever it's clear that these boutique labels and releases are not meant for music purists. I don't want to make you guys feel bad about what you spend your money on (cause believe me I've spent plenty on releases missing from my collection), but when a small label is able to get away with charging $70 for a 2LP set it setting a bad standard I think.

The point is that the business wasn't exactly in a rush to release records like Jurassic Park and 2001: The Lost Score which is what's great about these boutique labels. 

They obviously release a few average records, but as others said, the bubble bursting simply means less releases in general. Whether or not you think these soundtracks are for 'music purists' (lol) is another discussion.

i think the price was pretty outrageous, but i loved looper and i'm a massive fan of anything rian johnson does so i had to pick it up

strangely, i have another record in my collection by a band called 'the assailant' which has a burlap cover, hand branded band name on the front, silk screen insert and 200g record and i'm pretty sure it only cost about $20 when it was new, you can get one on discogs right now for $10

http://www.discogs.com/Assailant-C%C3%B3lera/release/2520131

The vinyl bubble is absolutely wonderful...it's what will keep this art rolling on. Some companies are definitely abusing the bubble with their greedy prices (but if they don't charge more, an eBay user will capitalize)

If you don't like a price, simply don't support the company by making a purchase. If you don't like the price and still want the record, bite the bullet and keep complaining on Internet forums to soothe your soul.

I 100% back this opinion. my only wish is for a cheaper "Non art" option. It remains a wish, I'm not going to call mondo "Evil" for it, they can do whatever the hell they want. I hope my comments didn't come off as complaining or bitching, I guess since some mondo folks pay attention here my though was to say "Hey as a consumer I think there might be segment of the market you're missing out on". 

i think the price was pretty outrageous, but i loved looper and i'm a massive fan of anything rian johnson does so i had to pick it up

strangely, i have another record in my collection by a band called 'the assailant' which has a burlap cover, hand branded band name on the front, silk screen insert and 200g record and i'm pretty sure it only cost about $20 when it was new, you can get one on discogs right now for $10

I couldn't find a sample of a song from this band (I'm sure by the description it won't really be up my ally) but I bought the copy off discogs so I can compare their "grind core" burlap bag to Mondo's "artistic" burlap bag

I couldn't find a sample of a song from this band (I'm sure by the description it won't really be up my ally) but I bought the copy off discogs so I can compare their "grind core" burlap bag to Mondo's "artistic" burlap bag

Buying a record off of Discogs so you can compare FUCKING BURLAP SACKS.

Yeah, but they only had to produce 150 of that version...

Mondo likely had to put the work into 2000+

/art apologist

This makes me think you have no clue about the genre and I'm dying imagining you listening to this band when you get your record.

Oh yeah and....

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Assailant/Cólera

Oops

This makes me think you have no clue about the genre and I'm dying imagining you listening to this band when you get your record.

Oh yeah and....

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Assailant/Cólera

Oops

I listened to some grind back in high school but really only liked circle takes the square, pg 99 and a friends band, massacre of the umbilical cord... So I won't be too surprised by the genre haha

I wrote a piece in honor of Shaun of the Dead turning 10 today. Figured I'd share it with some others that love the film. It's a little rambly, but I've been drinking so, fuck-a-doodle-doo!

http://www.underthegunreview.net/2014/09/24/10-years-of-blood-and-beers-celebrating-a-decade-of-shaun-of-the-dead/

Finally had a chance of opening my test pressing today. Etching says MOND-015, so it's Paranorman. Wasn't really interested in that OST before, and I'm still not interested now. If someone wants it, it's yours for cost, and I'll cover shipping as well.

On the other hand, that Looper record most of you are scuffing at is my favorite Mondo release so far. If you're on the fence, you should definitely jump on it, the price tag is well worth it if you're a fan of the movie.

Edit : Already got 3 PM's about the test pres, so consider it gone for now/ If you've sent me a PM before this edit, you might still have a chance.