Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

so I have never had any issues with USPS until recently.

i sold someone a record on here. sent it out to them, Ohio to NY. It was sent on the 13th I believe and has been sitting in Jersey City since the 15th. I talked to my local post office today and the guy said to wait a few more days and then he will see what he can find out. He said Media Mail takes longer than other methods, really dude? Fucking a

so here is an update about this. the guy on here let me know he finally got the record close to two weeks after the expected delivery date. I sent him a record that was still sealed. he opened it up and it is quite warped. he said it is so bad his needle is jumping off the record. are you fucking kidding me USPS?!?

so here is an update about this. the guy on here let me know he finally got the record close to two weeks after the expected delivery date. I sent him a record that was still sealed. he opened it up and it is quite warped. he said it is so bad his needle is jumping off the record. are you fucking kidding me USPS?!?

In a situation like this what would happen? I'm selling my first record on ebay and want to know if it got damaged during transit would it be that takes the hit or the buyer? Considering I only have one of them I can't exactly offer a replacement.

I've not had a too badly damaged record yet so wouldn't know how to approach it!

In a situation like this what would happen? I'm selling my first record on ebay and want to know if it got damaged during transit would it be that takes the hit or the buyer? Considering I only have one of them I can't exactly offer a replacement.

I've not had a too badly damaged record yet so wouldn't know how to approach it!

On ebay the responsibility is always on the seller. They guarantee the buyer receives their item in the condition described. If it doesn't arrive in said condition, they will side with the buyer and the seller is left holding all the loss.

That's the breaks for using ebay to sell. Just as you as a buyer would ask a store to resend you a broken record you receive, you'll be asked to do the same or refund the money.

On ebay the responsibility is always on the seller. They guarantee the buyer receives their item in the condition described. If it doesn't arrive in said condition, they will side with the buyer and the seller is left holding all the loss.

That's the breaks for using ebay to sell. Just as you as a buyer would ask a store to resend you a broken record you receive, you'll be asked to do the same or refund the money.

That's fair enough I suppose, if it was the other way around I'd do the same. I plan on expert packaging so hopefully shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers for that

When I lived overseas, anytime I record from the US took more than a week to arrive, they would arrived 3-4 weeks late and in the shape of a bowl.

Heres my latest tale of usps madness. Every time we get a new post office worker in my little ass town i know im in for a hassle. Try to mail an lp, tell the lady i want media with tracking, she goes back to the meter and does her thing, comes back and is like that's 11 something and change. Im like whoa, that's way too much, i again ask for media. She then tells me that in her ten years with usps she has never heard of media and the 11 something is for standard package service. I then say "ma'am, 11 dollars is more than priority would be." She asks if i want that, i say no. So at this point i ask for my box back and tell her ill just print at home. Go to my post office box and see a pick up slip, go back to the window, she hands me a mailer with a big red MEDIA MAIL stamp on it and 3 something on the price tag. I point this out and then shes like well it must be something new, because ive never heard of it before.  i hung my head in defeat at that point, drove fifteen miles to Walmart and bought some ink.

Fuckin USPS man.

Is there a way to have just packages held at a post office? I moved into a house that is off a heavy trafficked sidewalk and am concerned about my deliveries being stolen.

I have mine hold them if I am not home. I just told them one was stolen and they don't like and they all bitch about it but do it. I Just asked my carrier. Or if you have a neighbor who is home often you can ask them to deliver to them.

I've long been a defender of the USPS but hit my breaking point today.

Friday: A package is stolen off my front porch and found opened with the $100 bill my in-law sent my kid for his birthday missing. Not USPS' fault but out of concern I file the police report and go to the PO to address it. They force me to fill out an online form so Postal Inspectors can deal with it too. In the form I state that until the police matter is resolved the packages should be held. 

Yesterday: I come home to package on my front porch with two sides opened and no joke - tire tracks on both sides. I'm pissed that this had to have happened at the sorting center and second it wasn't held to begin with.  (photos soon)

Today: Call from my local post office  in Red Bank, NJ - woman named Tiffany. She acts aggressive and like a complete asshole as she explains to me that my packages will now be held at the post office for as long as I remain at this address. I don't want that, I was told to send in this damn email since no one at my local would help me. She tells me repeatedly this is just the way it is now and that I can come in on Saturday's to get my mail. I'm a commuter who is never in town on weekdays and often not on Saturday either. I can't have my mail permanently disrupted solely because I am the victim of a crime. 

Seriously, let me say it loud: This is totally fucked up. I'm fighting it now. So damn frustrating on so many levels.