Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

This my current Bell Gardens situation:

10/05/14 4:58 AM BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 Departed USPS Facility

10/04/14 3:22 PM BELL GARDENS, CA 90201 Arrived at USPS Origin Facility

This can't be true. No way it left in 13.5 hours. Who wants to put money on when it actually shows up (I live in CT) or if it arrives AT BELL GARDENS again? I vote the latter.

I've never had a problem with media mail until last month. Stuff from Deathwish, No Sleep, RFC, etc. always made it to me in 3-4 days. Now I've had 2 packages (one from DW, one from RFC) move from Boston to NJ then sit in NJ for days. Leave NJ make it to IL and sit for days. Then leave the distro center in IL but not show up at my post office for 2-3 more days. 

Never had a problem with Jacksonville.

This is from today:

October 7, 2014 , 9:50 am

Departed USPS Facility

JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099 

Your item departed our USPS facility in JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099 on October 7, 2014 at 9:50 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

October 7, 2014 , 8:52 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099 

October 3, 2014 , 2:24 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

MEMPHIS, TN 38136 

October 2, 2014 , 3:23 pm

Acceptance

SPRINGFIELD, IL 62704 

I've never had a problem with media mail until last month. Stuff from Deathwish, No Sleep, RFC, etc. always made it to me in 3-4 days. Now I've had 2 packages (one from DW, one from RFC) move from Boston to NJ then sit in NJ for days. Leave NJ make it to IL and sit for days. Then leave the distro center in IL but not show up at my post office for 2-3 more days. 

The Jersey City, NJ location is notorious for letting things sit once they see that it's being shipped media mail and has "9-12 day" delivery time.

The Jersey City, NJ location is notorious for letting things sit once they see that it's being shipped media mail and has "9-12 day" delivery time.

Thankfully always have decent luck with them. Here's tracking on something I'm probably going to receive tomorrow despite the estimated deliver still saying October 14th:

October 8, 2014 , 8:34 am   Arrived at USPS Facility                       SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152 

October 7, 2014 , 2:41 pm  Arrived at USPS Origin Facility             JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 

October 7, 2014 , 1:26 pm  Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility  BAY SHORE, NY 11706 

October 6, 2014 , 12:28 pm  Shipping Label Created                      BAY SHORE, NY 11706 

I've definitely had more trouble with Bell Gardens, to the point where I dread buying anything on the west coast.

Recently ordered one of the Jimmy Eat World represses directly from the band.

When it arrived, the LP's had split through both sides of the jacket, sounds worn down as hell.

They sent me another one when I contacted them about it, completely free, so everythings fine, but there is no doubt in my mind that it was USPS's fault.

So, my package I complained about a few pages back that said delivered and I fought the post office and they all but accused me of stealing... It returned to jkelly yesterday undeliverable return to sender... 4 months later.

4 fucking months.

I know I'm dragging a super-old post on this out, but I had something stupidly similar happen to me. My friend in Chicago wrote and self-published a book, and I bought a copy. He mailed them out, and I excitedly waited for it. I get home from work one day and there's a pink slip in my mailbox with no info on it except my name. No item/tracking number, nothing like that. I go to my post office the next morning, they don't have it. Later that day I happen to run into the package delivery guy on my way to catch the subway. He didn't have it, but he did give me the helpful info that packages for my chunk of the city are handled from another post office. I head over to that post office, they have no idea where it is. I called and visited the post office several times a day for three straight days. I tried to get in touch with the postmaster for that post office but whenever I got close it was always "oh, he JUST stepped out for lunch" (at like 10:30am) or "oh he JUST left for the day" (at like 2:30pm).

I fucking gave up. At this point I assume that they destroyed it and just didn't want to own up to it. I called my friend and he shipped me another copy (to my office, because I wasn't about to let the USPS ship another thing to my house). He ended up getting the first one back RTS 5 (FIVE!) months later.

I didn't let anything get shipped to my house USPS for about 4 years after that. The one time I slipped up and forgot to get a USPS order sent to work, it was some records. I was all worried about it. I ended up being home when they were delivered, and the package truck guy (who was new) chatted me up for like 10 minutes because he knew it was records and he was into vinyl too.

Haha I'm here because I was quoted.  But, yeah, for real man. It is INSANE when things get "lost" for months. I mean I know they deal with sheer volume every day but... how does something sit and/or get shuffled around ANYWHERE for months before someone is like, "hmm, I guess we should take care of this". I'll never know :D

• 2 weeks later...