Recrod Distribuitor Rage

This is just a random rage venting and who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

I'm going through my records and just looking at them for the first time in a while and it brings me back to some random rage I get when I buy certain records, more importantly when I buy multiple variants of the same at one time.

I remember when the first pressing of Brand New's The Devil and God...came out and I was quick to pick up a copy of each.  Sure enough they got sent to me and non of them were labeled which color.  I guess I could have just made a small slit but instead I basically started opening one after the other until the last one was left.  It felt kind of like Russian roulette as I was sitting there hoping the last one would be the most limited pressing, which it was not.

Anyone else have similar beef?

I'm going through my records and just looking at them for the first time in a while and it brings me back to some random rage I get when I buy certain records, more importantly when I buy multiple variants of the same at one time.

I remember when the first pressing of Brand New's The Devil and God...came out and I was quick to pick up a copy of each.  Sure enough they got sent to me and non of them were labeled which color.  I guess I could have just made a small slit but instead I basically started opening one after the other until the last one was left.  It felt kind of like Russian roulette as I was sitting there hoping the last one would be the most limited pressing, which it was not.

There should have been a sticker on the cover

I shrink myself down rrrrreally small. Smaller than is visible to the naked eye. I easily slip between the tiny breathing holes in the shrinkwrap. For two days I make the trek over to the side of the jacket and inside the dust sleeve to confirm the color.

If it's the least limited variant I return to normal size from inside the jacket and rip through it like the hulk.

So no. I don't have this problem

Is this really happening?

I shrink myself down rrrrreally small. Smaller than is visible to the naked eye. I easily slip between the tiny breathing holes in the shrinkwrap. For two days I make the trek over to the side of the jacket and inside the dust sleeve to confirm the color.

If it's the least limited variant I return to normal size from inside the jacket and rip through it like the hulk.

So no. I don't have this problem

This was my favorite post of 2013.