Albums (or Bands) You Are Embarrassed to Admit You Don't Get

dawhizz

Bob Dylan, Lorde, Kanye, Taylor Swift

Weird list I know..

Will never get it but definitely not embarrassed

Post-rock just clicked for me recently so there's something to be glad about

Edit: definitely U2, Smashing Pumpkins and Thrice. My mind tells me I should like them but I just don't feel it

Double Edit: Radiohead. Just a big ol "?" for me

Why would you even encourage my ears to be subjected to this?

It's too good not to share.  But in a really ironic, cringe-worthy manner.  For a while I didn't have the option to play MP3s or CDs in my car, and had to resort to the local radio.  That was my first exposure to the band.  I knew they were something awful, almost immediately.  And my poor dad... he texts me a few months later, and he's like "I know we don't really listen to the same music, but if you're looking for an awesome rock group, you've gotta' check out this Volbeat..."

• 1 month later...

New Found Glory.

I am fairly new (4-5 years) to most music outside of Hip Hop and R&B but it seems everyone ADORES them. I haven't heard anything that has wowed me

I think this particular board is split into two camps when it comes to New Found Glory - there's the "oh no, Steve Klein might be a pedophile" camp, and the "shitty pop punk band kicks out shitty pedophile shitty singer shitty pop punk" camp. 

You'll fall into one or the other. Right now, it's looking like the latter.

I don't get nirvana at all. I've tried and tried but I just don't get it. I don't get the red hot chili peppers. Anytime I talk against them I am met with lots of shouting from my friends. :/

I will say that I never got pink floyd for the longest time. One day I listened to the division bell and it just clicked. I can totally get into the wall and darkside now.

I don't get nirvana at all. I've tried and tried but I just don't get it. I don't get the red hot chili peppers. Anytime I talk against them I am met with lots of shouting from my friends. :/

I will say that I never got pink floyd for the longest time. One day I listened to the division bell and it just clicked. I can totally get into the wall and darkside now.

i LOOOOVE Nirvana. Early peppers (mothers milk LP) 

That's the strangest way of getting into Floyd I've ever heard. Division Bell era and anything pre-1980 are like two different bands imo.

Not embarrassed about this but Deafheaven. Everyone was creaming about them a little while ago and when I tried it it just sounded like a less-interesting version of ambient/post black metal that's already been around for ages.

Took me a long time to really get into Slayer. I used to hate how the whole shtick of the music was no dynamics, just volume and speed, but now I think that shit rules.