Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

So usually I go to Amoeba and get everything I want because they get allotted tons of almost every release, but this year I'll be out of town for RSD. There's a participating store 15 min from where I'm staying but it's about 1/10 the size of Amoeba.

Question for you guys that attend RSD at smaller stores: do you call before the day to make sure they are getting all the stuff you want? How far in advance? And also how does the ordering work? Do stores just get an allotment and that's it? Or do they have to pick and choose which releases they think will sell at their location and make an order?

They order the releases they want and they get whatever they get. Stores aren't allowed to return unsold RSD stuff to distributors like they can with normal releases so some smaller stores are a bit more careful about what they order. Stores like bullmoose and amoeba will get several of the more limited releases while smaller stores won't get any. 

As for all your other questions, it really depends on the store. Some smaller stores do everything they can to make their customers happy and may even order something specifically for you (whether or not they get it is another story). Many stores will tell you they can't say anything at all and "to come down on RSD" and some stores will tell you if they got 0 of a specific item a day or two before.

I would definitely ask your store. 

They order the releases they want and they get whatever they get. Stores aren't allowed to return unsold RSD stuff to distributors like they can with normal releases so some smaller stores are a bit more careful about what they order. Stores like bullmoose and amoeba will get several of the more limited releases while smaller stores won't get any. 

As for all your other questions, it really depends on the store. Some smaller stores do everything they can to make their customers happy and may even order something specifically for you (whether or not they get it is another story). Many stores will tell you they can't say anything at all and "to come down on RSD" and some stores will tell you if they got 0 of a specific item a day or two before.

I would definitely ask your store. 

Last year, one of my local stores had an order form on their website.  You simply selected whatever items you wanted and just stopped in to pay for your selections on RSD.  I got a copy of everything I was looking for, but I don't think I requested anything outlandish.

Not sure if they based their order form on items they knew they were getting or if they based their RSD order on the forms.

So usually I go to Amoeba and get everything I want because they get allotted tons of almost every release, but this year I'll be out of town for RSD. There's a participating store 15 min from where I'm staying but it's about 1/10 the size of Amoeba.

Question for you guys that attend RSD at smaller stores: do you call before the day to make sure they are getting all the stuff you want? How far in advance? And also how does the ordering work? Do stores just get an allotment and that's it? Or do they have to pick and choose which releases they think will sell at their location and make an order?

My store is small but its first come first serve and of each RSD item per person. Most times I can get what I want unless it's super limited like the Cake Boxset.

Off has a 10" coming, live at the bbc.

I like OFF! quite a bit, but this will bring them up to three live releases.  Seems a little unnecessary to me.

I have to hear weekend nachos cover weezer

Don't know if this is something I need to own, but it's definitely something I need to hear.

i was able to get a peek at the official list this morning and here's some odd things I remember:

Gameface - Every Last Time repress

Citizen Dick - Touch Me I'm Dick 7" (fake band from movie Singles)

Decemberists - Picaresque repress

Flaming Lips (of course) Cloud Tastes Metallic EPs(3 separate 10"s)

Springsteen's 80s albums (Born in the USA, the River, Nebraska)