Brand New - Deja Entendu

That's sad, my local got like 20-25 across all 5 locations, I could have had one but left it for the real fans

Please buy for the board. Me or like 15 others would have paid you extra (to help finance other purchases). I really wanted that blubbery, ridiculous diecut and paperbag for my collection. ;P

In all seriousness, that was nice of you, but whoever bought the exact one you left probably listed it on eBay before they made it to their car. Then they made a downpayment on a new car with all those profits.

Please buy for the board. Me or like 15 others would have paid you extra (to help finance other purchases). I really wanted that blubbery, ridiculous diecut and paperbag for my collection. ;P

In all seriousness, that was nice of you, but whoever bought the exact one you left probably listed it on eBay before they made it to their car. Then they made a downpayment on a new car with all those profits.

Had I been posting here back in April I probably would have, but every year I seem to get everything I want and can't bring myself to buy something to flip knowing a real fan got screwed out of it

Had I been posting here back in April I probably would have, but every year I seem to get everything I want and can't bring myself to buy something to flip knowing a real fan got screwed out of it

I'm just teasing anyway, but around November, you'll see the convos that go on where people look out for others.

"I'll get you XYZ if you get me ABC." Generally speaking everything works out pretty good. I ended up getting every RSD item I wanted (minus Deja, but I got the standard repress so NBD) and I didn't even go! Some of it I bought online after and one I found in a record store like a month ago. Good times.

My local has incredible buying power (got 30 copies of "Guilty Of Everything" on pink) and such a small serious record collector community. I got the elusive but unspecial Sigur Ros a couple years ago without issue 

That's awesome! My local gets a lot of stuff, but there are usually around a thousand fucking people who swing in (aka wait in line for hours) on record store day. I didn't see this year's RSD, but in the past I went at around 4-6 am and there would be 30-40-60 people in front of me. Sucks.

If you didn't want someone to "overpay" why did you request an offer? Why not say "$25 (retail) plus shipping?"

I think the point they were trying to make is that you looked like an asshole by asking for offers on the record as soon as it became hard to find again. Especially since it was common knowledge that it would be available again soon.

Did you even read my sale thread? The part that said I was BROKE AS FUCK?

I could care less when they were hard to find. They were hard for ME to find. I ordered 4 times, got screwed out of it 3 times. So I got two records, when I only needed one. So I was selling one. I put "offer" cuz I was looking for just that. Don't imply or make assumptions.

I could care less when they were hard to find. They were hard for ME to find. I ordered 4 times, got screwed out of it 3 times. So I got two records, when I only needed one. So I was selling one. I put "offer" cuz I was looking for just that. Don't imply or make assumptions.

2qclbm0.jpg

help-me-im-poor.gif

I'm sorry. I should have realized.

• 2 weeks later...

If it keeps happening I would try playing the record on a friend's turntable that you know is properly set up.  I would also clean the record on a VPM if you have access to one (some record shops will charge you a small fee to use theirs).  If it's still noisy, I would just stop listening to Brand New and buy the new Wild Ones EP instead.

Sorry to be the one to resecitate this thread, but this is available and I'm sure someone will want a copy.

http://triplecrownrecords.merchdirect.com/products/55665-brand-new-deja-entendu-rsd-2015

RPM

Holy fuck, all the people who spent hundreds on eBay are probably gonna be speechless.