The STAR WARS Thread

slinch

Lost also gave us a hand-wavy explanation to everything that left a huge portion of its fanbase disappointed.

Even before the light saber battle, Rey figured out on her own how to resist Kylo's mind penetration and use the Jedi mind trick. If she had training before, that puts it into more of a grey area but I still think it's inconsistent -- no one else in the series just figures out these things on their own.

Giving up the conversation. Don't mean to continuously shit on the movie to people who really enjoyed it. It wasn't bad, I just wanted (and based on the early reviews, expected) more.

Also, Lost is a terrible show.  There are interviews out there where the writers admit that a lot of the "mysteries" that were never explained have no explanation and that they were just thrown in to fuck with the viewer.  There is a difference between leaving something up for interpretation and a legit red herring.

And when you construct a plot out of red herrings you're not clever you're just annoying.

Even before the light saber battle, Rey figured out on her own how to resist Kylo's mind penetration and use the Jedi mind trick. If she had training before, that puts it into more of a grey area but I still think it's inconsistent -- no one else in the series just figures out these things on their own.

I mean...somebody somewhere in the star wars universe just happened to figure it out...otherwise no one would ever be able to do it. She's obviously at least heard of these "Jedi myths" so why not give it a try? I mean, Kyle had just hinted to her that she had some force power.

Of course, I do just shrug some stuff off because I really want to love this movie.

I mean...somebody somewhere in the star wars universe just happened to figure it out...otherwise no one would ever be able to do it. She's obviously at least heard of these "Jedi myths" so why not give it a try? I mean, Kyle had just hinted to her that she had some force power.

Of course, I do just shrug some stuff off because I really want to love this movie.

It's like people are bitching just to bitch...

I don't mind ewoks really, but the biggest problems with 6 are the terrible writing (some of the dialogue is cringe-worthy) and the substantially inferior acting from most of the main cast. Also a few directing decisions are ridiculous and editing is very poor in many of the action scenes compared to the previous two (and every move fett makes is more suited for a 70s b-movie than a summer blockbuster. Seriously, those scenes are a joke)

I saw VI last night (for the overall fourth time) but honestly, I didn't think that most of the dialogue was any worse than IV or V. I don't know which directing decisions you specifically mean but if it's the three simultaneous storylines at the end (Endor/duel/Death Star 2.0), I'd get it. And after seeing it again, V has definitely surpassed VI in my personal favorites list.

Also saw VII for the second time earlier today and it was even better. This time I didn't mind the final helicopter shot (which looked out of place and trippy as fuck in 3D). Still too early to say whether it's my ultimate favorite but I can't really come up with anything that I didn't like about it (marry me Rey). Got goosebumps all over again.